BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

What I saw when I scouted Wilson was a very athletic QB that can make people miss, isn't just a first read guy, he does well going through his progressions, if he has a stable OL in front of him, he has the ability to make secondaries look silly with his arm. He has near elite level accuracy and very good arm strength and his ability to scramble and make plays with his feet can cover up some OL deficiency. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Cause I think Fields is being underrated and Wilson overrated.

Plus, Wilson has a punchable bro face.  And stupid headband.

The headband I could do without. Having said that, I disagree about Wilson being overrated. I think the film speaks for itself.

When it comes to Fields, for me it comes down to how he develops in going through his progressions because right now he doesn't seem to be very good at it. He is more of a 1st read QB

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Is the Justin Fields transferring argument not almost the same as Burrow? Transferred out, went to a program not known for producing successful QBs.

I think Fields' transfer and the fact that he comes from Ohio State isn't that big a deal. None and yes I do mean none of the QBs that have graduated from OSU in recent history beyond Fields have even truly looked the part. So I'm not shocked at their lack of success. Fields could be a guy to defy that narrative

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The headband I could do without. Having said that, I disagree about Wilson being overrated. I think the film speaks for itself.

When it comes to Fields, for me it comes down to how he develops in going through his progressions because right now he doesn't seem to be very good at it. He is more of a 1st read QB

I think Fields is the better overall prospect, so underrated and overrated in that regard.  Disagree on  Fields not being able to go through progressions.  Thats what I think has been overblown a bit.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

More punchable face between Mac Jones and Wilson is like The Decision on Sophie's Choice...

Mac Jones has a slappable tummy.  He deserves a red handprint on his baby fat.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I think Fields is the better overall prospect, so underrated and overrated in that regard.  Disagree on  Fields not being able to go through progressions.  Thats what I think has been overblown a bit.

The 1st read bit about Fields comes directly from the tape. Heck, they lost in the CFP because of that flaw. 

I honestly don't see anything about Fields that is superior to Wilson, at all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The 1st read bit about Fields comes directly from the tape. Heck, they lost in the CFP because of that flaw. 

I honestly don't see anything about Fields that is superior to Wilson, at all. 

I don’t trust that non P5 level of play.