BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Fair enough grades for Cancun. We did try to get another receiver but it just didn't work out for us. In particular, we weren't really looking to take Leatherwood but felt he was the best value at that point as a potential swing tackle and starter at guard.

Small quibble: why in the world would we look to take guys who can contribute immediately? We're not filling this team out in one offseason. We'll be contenders purely on the basis of the top-level talent already on the team (hello, Pat Mahomes) but other than QB/TE/C, there was no position we wouldn't have drafted for--and even then, we'd have taken a guy we didn't expect to drop like Freiermuth if he was available at our selection.

Edited by Blue

I agree with my grades,   And my lower overall grade.    I did overload OL and Edge at the expense of some other more pressing needs.

I don’t see a huge difference between quite a few WR’s after the first 8-9.  Theres still a couple undrafted that I like as much as Tylan and Amon.    Would be one reasoning for only taking one,   The other would be it just never fell that WR was one of the best available to me.   CB was the same tbh.  

Certainly not going to complain about an A- after starting me off with a C+.  You mentioned a couple of times how I took guys that are similar to what I have in Toney and Carter/Gainwell.  Part of what I want to do next year on offense is use guys interchangeably whether it's guys in and out of the slot or in and out of the backfield.  Also, this draft was pretty heavy on shifty WRs, especially if you remove Chase and Marshall, so I thought the value was better there.  As for adding two similar RBs, have you seen what I had behind Aaron?  Plus, both can split out if need be, similar to how GB used Jones and Williams last year.

Well done as usual @rackcs

The Twins drafted two FSU players, after FSU went 14-20 the last three years. That's, uh, putting a lot on coaching.

EDIT: Was thinking they took Terry, but no, they didn't.

Really surprised how many FSU players were drafted here.

Edited by Blue

Heyyyyyy I didn't get the worst graded pick! Thought for sure Smith was an auto-F. 

Curious @rackcs, what do you mean when you say Smith is a "smaller guy". 6'6 and in the 260's at the senior bowl, dropped into the 250's for his pro day. Pretty much right up there with Montez Sweat's measurements. You don't think he can play in a 4-3 at that size?

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

The Twins drafted two FSU players, after FSU went 14-20 the last three years. That's, uh, putting a lot on coaching.

EDIT: Was thinking they took Terry, but no, they didn't.

Really surprised how many FSU players were drafted here.

1.  Terry played only 6 games in 2020 and had no throwing QB for his career at FSU and the worst offensive line in the country for 3 years

2. Nasirildeen played 2 games in 2020

3. Wilson half assed played 6 games bc he checked out due to coaches comments.   

All 3 players imo will get drafted and be much better than the supposed experts think.   

-Wilson is a legit 1st round (irl) talent 

-Terry is probably around a late 3rd, maybe 4th (irl) bc of his route running issues.  

-Nasirildeen is most likely between a 2nd and 3rd (irl)