BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

31 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

1.  Terry played only 6 games in 2020 and had no throwing QB for his career at FSU and the worst offensive line in the country for 3 years

2. Nasirildeen played 2 games in 2020

3. Wilson half assed played 6 games bc he checked out due to coaches comments.   

All 3 players imo will get drafted and be much better than the supposed experts think.   

-Wilson is a legit 1st round (irl) talent 

-Terry is probably around a late 3rd, maybe 4th (irl) bc of his route running issues.  

-Nasirildeen is most likely between a 2nd and 3rd (irl)

lol

"they were hurt and lazy, which are not things that will be issues in the NFL for no particular reason"

I did not want to be in a position where I was the homer and explaining my rational lol. I can sleep well with every selection we made because I’m confident these guys will get drafted.

Main goal is by the end of round 4 we can joyfully watch the draft for personal reasons. 

20 minutes ago, Blue said:

lol

"they were hurt and lazy, which are not things that will be issues in the NFL for no particular reason"

Lol. 

You let me know when an nfl coach makes a, let's say very bad comment related to the current environment of the times and then still has a job or even the locker room behind him.  

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

Lol. 

You let me know when an nfl coach makes a, let's say very bad comment related to the current environment of the times and then still has a job or even the locker room behind him.  

lolwut

How is this relevant to the fact that FSU was a very bad team for the entirety of the time these players played for them, and at least two out of three have significant injury concerns.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

lolwut

How is this relevant to the fact that FSU was a very bad team for the entirety of the time these players played for them, and at least two out of three have significant injury concerns.

Its related to my comment and your response 

Pickle: Wilson checked out due to coaches comments

Blue: lol they were hurt and lazy, which are not things that will be issues in the NFL for no particular reason

Pickle: You let me know when an nfl coach makes a, let's say very bad comment related to the current environment of the times and then still has a job or even the locker room behind him. (The reason Wilson checked out which he 95% will never have to deal with in the NFL bc that coach would be gone)

Blue: oh I'm changing my argument to their team sucked bc I see i was wrong 

Pickle: how does a team sucking effect 1 player lmao.  

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

Its related to my comment and your response 

Pickle: Wilson checked out due to coaches comments

Blue: lol they were hurt and lazy, which are not things that will be issues in the NFL for no particular reason

Pickle: You let me know when an nfl coach makes a, let's say very bad comment related to the current environment of the times and then still has a job or even the locker room behind him. (The reason Wilson checked out which he 95% will never have to deal with in the NFL bc that coach would be gone)

Blue: oh I'm changing my argument to their team sucked bc I see i was wrong 

Pickle: how does a team sucking effect 1 player lmao.  

Did Wilson check out of training for his Pro Day because of his college coach, too

Yup.  

Yes, I too would screw over my chances of earning future employment to spite my college coach, because that's definitely something my college coach would give a **** about.

As for your claim that I was "changing my argument" by pointing out they were on an awful team, literally the first thing I said about the FSU players:

1 hour ago, Blue said:

The Twins drafted two FSU players, after FSU went 14-20 the last three years.

******* read.

You all act like pro day is God.   Its pretty dang low imo.   Some players don't really care about it as much as you think 

Those players are idiots then, especially with no Combine this year.

5 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

When Marvin Wilson gets drafted in the 2nd or 3rd and is starting from day 1 Blue's stance is gonna look really bad.  

I think he and Nasirildeen are far more likely to be taken Day 3, but honestly, Wilson in the 2nd day wouldn't shock me simply because the DT class is weak.

Edited by Blue
day, not round

I get some prospects having a down year, especially if the coaching and program is as dysfunctional as FSU has been.  That kind of stuff will weigh on a player.  You do want them to be above it and produce regardless, but it's not always that easy, especially if you see crap behind-the-scenes everyday.

The tough part is determining whether they'll bounce back.