BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Again this is more year one fits than anything else. Projecting down the line wasn't really taken into consideration as much as instant playing time, impact 2021 👍

I'm going to personally be surprised if Newsome doesn't start immediately. Then again, I could be wrong if somehow Greedy is fully healthy and looks the part this year.

Frankly I'm pleased with how the first round went for Farley and Newsome. They should both be in line to start, and if things work out, it'll allow me to not feel the loss of Jaylen Johnson, and make that deal for Noah Fant worthwhile. I wouldn't have traded Johnson if I didn't like the CBs in this draft. Jenkins I'm hoping goes somewhere he can start at RT right away, and keeping an eye on Meinerz, though I'm not expecting immediate contribution. Barmore I heard may have issues with coachability, so I expected him to slide a bit, but think he'll still go somewhere early in the 2nd and contribute.

Anything I get out of Mayfield / St. Brown / Milton / Jordan will be bonus, but just depends on where they land. I'm one who cares more about where he ends up in terms of team, not draft location.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Frankly I'm pleased with how the first round went for Farley and Newsome. They should both be in line to start, and if things work out, it'll allow me to not feel the loss of Jaylen Johnson, and make that deal for Noah Fant worthwhile. I wouldn't have traded Johnson if I didn't like the CBs in this draft. Jenkins I'm hoping goes somewhere he can start at RT right away, and keeping an eye on Meinerz, though I'm not expecting immediate contribution. Barmore I heard may have issues with coachability, so I expected him to slide a bit, but think he'll still go somewhere early in the 2nd and contribute.

Anything I get out of Mayfield / St. Brown / Milton / Jordan will be bonus, but just depends on where they land. I'm one who cares more about where he ends up in terms of team, not draft location.

You can’t even spell his name correctly. He’s in a more appreciated place now.

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

You can’t even spell his name correctly. He’s in a more appreciated place now.

I appreciated him last season, and leaned on him as he proved himself. I also appreciate him helping address another area of need on the roster.

But now I no longer care about his development 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

I appreciated him last season, and leaned on him as he proved himself. I also appreciate him helping address another area of need on the roster.

But now I no longer care about his development 🤣

I mean I see Counselor misspelled every time you post so 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah definitely good spots for them. My +/- thing is just more for fun/bragging rights than actually evaluating draft classes.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm going to personally be surprised if Newsome doesn't start immediately. Then again, I could be wrong if somehow Greedy is fully healthy and looks the part this year.

Certainly possible. Part of the grade also attributes the awful training staff of the browns 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Per tradion, here are your day one landing grades.  Please remember this is not an evaluation of the talent, more so in how I see their fit on the team and general playing time.  No one gets an F when you're a first round pick

Kadarius Toney  D-  The only thing saving this from an F is he somehow got drafted in the first round.  He got Golladay, Slayton, Shehard, hell even John Ross on this team who they signed earlier.  This goes with the Dallas, I don’t get it grade

Eric Stokes  Packers B-    Definitely has a chance to start.  However, he feels more like Josh Jackson than Jaire Alexander.  The pack simply seem to draft at least one bust CB every year

I don't disagree on the Toney pick for this year.  Now, Golladay and Slayton are totally different WRs but they have Shepard under contract for a couple more years who should serve a similar role.  Ross is irrelevant.  But yeah, not expecting a massive impact for this season.

I disagree on Stokes being more Jackson than Jaire and love the fit.  Which means he will probably bust.  I have higher hopes on Stokes' having an impact this season than Toney.

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@rackcs I was wondering how long it would take for Scoundrel to lash out about his +/- score. It appears ~4 hours is the definitive answer here.

All of the +/-'s so far are fine. They can get real rough when guys don't get taken till late day 3 or whatever. Anything within -5 for the first, or -10~15 or so in the later rounds is fine. Like last year Thaddeus Moss was taken late 7th, which is the equivalent of like an early-mid 4th. But then he goes undrafted. that's like a -100 roughly or something. When I get home I'll post last year's results again so you can kind see.

• Like 1