BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

13 minutes ago, rackcs said:

All of the +/-'s so far are fine. They can get real rough when guys don't get taken till late day 3 or whatever. Anything within -5 for the first, or -10~15 or so in the later rounds is fine. Like last year Thaddeus Moss was taken late 7th, which is the equivalent of like an early-mid 4th. But then he goes undrafted. that's like a -100 roughly or something. When I get home I'll post last year's results again so you can kind see.

I had a very respectable +/- going until Thaddeus.  Baccari Rambo might have been my worst one that was actually drafted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Travis Etienne Jags B-   This is probably the hardest grade I’ve had to give.  On one hand the Jags have a nice offensive line, on the other hand Urban has shown to like to rotate backs throughout his college career and James Robinson balled out last year.  Can certainly carve out a nice role but I also fear the ghost of Carlos Hyde swiping goal line touches

Etienne is probably the most talented guy there and was a TD machine in Clemson. Robinson was more than CoP so I am unsure how exactly they’ll come together. Etienne’s starting point will be interesting but the more he touches the ball/learn the playbook I think he’ll get more of a role with the Jaguars. It’s not the immediate playing opportunity Pittsburgh presents but it’s hard to complain about matching with Trevor Lawrence again.

7 hours ago, rackcs said:

This is my take on RBs as well. Taking them top 10 is probably not smart no matter what. But I think day 2 picks are more than fine for the right guys and I don't mind late round 1 either. You take a RB late in round 1, you have a cheap, good starter (assuming they pan out) for 5 years and then you can franchise them too so you're not committing long term money to the position. I think that's honestly one of the smarter ways to handle the position, so you can have a good player there but not have to pay them the big bucks.

I think this more accurately describes things. Let’s just recall two top 5 picks at RB in Fournette and Zeke resulted in some immediate big time success for both teams. It clearly isn’t a sustainable application for success but it’s not like drafting RBs high guarantees a team will be terrible. As a matter of fact that’s not the case at all. 

Like all positions you need to find surrounding talent. Nothing compares to the value of an elite QB and the ability to win consistently with them on the roster. Nonetheless, drafting a talented RB (1st and 2nd rounds) can undoubtedly lead to success.

I enjoy PFFs grades but I haven’t forgiven them for trying to convince me Devin White wasn’t a great pick. Them saying RBs never boom adequate value unless they are drafted after round 3 is enough to cancel a subscription. Lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rackcs said:

It's a good fit as far as he'll start but Oakland has been absolutely horrible at developing players and Leatherwood is a guy who I think is going to need some development at the next level.

Weird, Kolton Miller seems to have developed just fine.

So did Maxx Crosby, come to think of it.

20 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Let's go!!!!!! 

He's ours boys!!!!!!!

MY JORTS ARE DESTROYED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still hyped Howie didn't screw up

19 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

6NXNA6K3DJFJXNBOG3WL4SWDHU.jpg

19 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So we know that DeVonta's Rock, Paper, Scissor game is elite

10 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ben Stiller Swag GIF

Me walking into work today with a Heisman trophy winner on our WR corps

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Eagles also traded back, got an extra 1st and the better player at the same position.

Basketball Wives Reality Tv GIF by VH1

A collection of adoration from EPC for my BDL rookie. Let it be known!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Every team is going to have a guy here and there. His point still stands blue man group

In a non-trolly sense: I think he's conflating bad picks with bad development. Guys like Jonathan Abrams and Gareon Conley weren't going to be elite players no matter who drafted them imo.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

In a non-trolly sense: I think he's conflating bad picks with bad development. Guys like Jonathan Abrams and Gareon Conley weren't going to be elite players no matter who drafted them imo.

Could those guys not be in the same tier as Leatherwood? He isn’t exactly a world beater of a prospect. 

• Like 1