BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Since my picks have all been done for a bit, here are the fits in my eyes:

Justin Fields - Bears: Not a huge fan, only because Nagy seems like a moron and his OL doesn't look awesome, adding Teven Jenkins helps.

Terrace Marshall Jr - Panthers: If Darnold isn't Jets Darnold and actually the prospect he was meant to be, I'll be happy. Reuniting with Joe Brady is only a positive for him, so that's good.

Asante Samuel Jr - Chargers: I don't know a ton about the Chargers secondary but I know they have Chris Harris in the slot so it'll be interesting to see where they play him. My Eagles had a chance to take him in the 2nd and instead took a G/C whose been injured 4 of the last 5 years. 

Joseph Ossai - Bengals: Actually happy about this one, I was kind of hoping he'd get a shot to be a pure pass rusher and I think that'll be his role in Cincy.

Daviyon Nixon - Panthers: Dropped much further than I thought but I'm very happy about where he landed. Could potentially slot into Kawann Shorts vacant spot (one of my first ever draft picks in BDL) if all works out well.

Elerson Smith - Giants: Actually drafted SOONER than I thought, and I like the landing spot because I think he'll get some opportunity to play especially since he's going to mess up Scoundrels draft pick. Daniel Jeremiah just said he's Maxx Crosby, just less white.

Jabril Cox - Cowboys: Very happy about this one. The Cowboys have LVE and Jaylon Smith but it could soon be time to move on from both, either because of injury or ineffectiveness in the new defensive scheme. He and Micah Parsons could form a really nice 1-2 punch in the future.

Osa Odighizuwa - Cowboys: Another one I'm actually happy about, although it gives me an uncomfortable amount of Cowboys players on my team. I think he can be a strong base end who kicks inside next to Gallimore at some point.

Nico Collins - Texans: If Watson every plays again for Houston, I'll be ecstatic about this pick because he can be a nice deep threat for the team. If Davis Mills is the QB I'll just dump this pick in the trash.

Ben Cleveland - Ravens: If there was a scheme he was built for, it's Baltimore, so I can't be too mad. They have lots of options to start at the interior spots so he could take a while to find a home.

Kadarius Toney - My least favorite fit of all my picks.  Barkley, Golladay, Shepard, Engram, and Slayton are already there, so Toney's chances of an Aiyuk-type impact year one are basically nil.  Hopefully that changes year 2.

Eric Stokes - Obviously love his landing spot as Kevin King is not the answer.  Hopefully, he beats out King and takes over across from Jaire soon.

Baron Browning - Love this fit as Denver has nothing behind Johnson and Jewell and I trust Fangio to develop LBers.  Should get some early playing time in passing situations.

Michael Carter - Another fit I am happy with as the Jets backfield is pretty bare, so he should carve out a role very early.

Tommy Togiai - With Ogunjobi leaving, he has a real shot to get playing time early.

Kenneth Gainwell - Fletcher Cox's cousin joins him in Philly.  I think he and Sanders will form a very nice tandem.

Cam McGrone - The Pats have a lot of LBers on the roster which I don't love, but BB is usually good at developing LBers, so could be much worse.

Overall happy with the landing spots.  Aside from Toney and McGrone, I think these guys have a very good shot at early playing time.  

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Elerson Smith - Giants: Actually drafted SOONER than I thought, and I like the landing spot because I think he'll get some opportunity to play especially since he's going to mess up Scoundrels draft pick.

Why can’t they rush from opposite sides and make us both happy!?!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Well there you have it, Tamorrion Terry was a ****ty pick 😞

I was hoping to get him as a PFA....but I wanted to see IF he had a landing spot IRL.

• Like 2

Just now, wwhickok said:

Yeah, still bummed. His tape looks better than his value apparently 

That's fair to be bummed he didn't get taken but nothing to do about it now except hope he lands in a good UDFA spot. His flashes were strong but he's very inconsistent and raw. In another deep WR draft, it makes sense that other guys might go ahead of him. I think he should've been drafted round 4-5 and I like his upside a lot.

Anchorage Picks

Trevor Lawrence- Jaguars. I never had a chance to feel any kind of other spot was an option here.

Ja’Marr Chase- Bengals. This is the fit I wanted. Back with Joey B. I also have Boyd now Pheltz can trade me Higgins and that would be fun. It is a crowded and talented trio but I think Chase will emerge as the alpha.

Kyle Pitts- Falcons. This is also the fit I wanted for Pitts. The most established QB situation of the rumored spots. Yes a lot of split targets but I believe Kyle will get his. Apparently read he may eventually take over for Julio outside. Wasn’t what I intended with the pick and I’ll need to address some inline TE depth regardless. But whatever puts him in a position to dominate.

Patrick Surtain ll- Broncos. A player to my favorite team would usually call for me to rejoice, and in due time it may. But in a stacked secondary PS2 might not contribute as much immediately. At least I can root for him on my team and he may have a role covering tight ends early.

DeVonta Smith- Eagles. Not the best fit in my mind immediately with Hurts throwing the ball. But the Eagles fans in our league love the pick for their Eagles so that makes me excited. 

Micah Parsons- Cowboys. I actually like the fit in Dallas. But Dallas fans hate the pick. So I’m not sure how to feel. From what I’ve read he is going to be pass rushing a lot. And I need pass rushing production so let’s get after it.

Azeez Ojulari- Giants. I wanted Baltimore first but Giants were a top 3 choice for me. Giants were rumored to have interest at 11. I never bought that but thought once they traded down sure. Then he started to slide and the knee issues really worried me with how far could he go. I am very happy with the landing spot in this defensive scheme. 

Tommy Tremble- Panthers. Tremble was always a let’s see where he ends up scheme wise for me but I had to leave that draft with him. I wanted the Titans where he can take over for Jonnu. After some research and remembering Joe Brady and his use of Thaddeus Moss I really like the fit. They signed BCBs boyfriend Dan Arnold in the offseason and they have Ian Thomas but I think Tremble can develop into a great all around weapon in this offense. They spent a third on him and I’m hoping he gets some chances early. But he was always a year three pick in my mind before he really established himself as he is still 20 years old and needs refinement. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

That's fair to be bummed he didn't get taken but nothing to do about it now except hope he lands in a good UDFA spot. His flashes were strong but he's very inconsistent and raw. In another deep WR draft, it makes sense that other guys might go ahead of him. I think he should've been drafted round 4-5 and I like his upside a lot.

I think I did well wirh the rest of my picks even though Hill went later than expected. I think Cincy is a good spot for him considering their oline status