BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Just now, Jlash said:

You went full on inflammatory blue mode with "OMG BRYANT ISNT EVEN DRAFTABLE IRL LET ALONE BDL!!!". I just liked him, think he's gonna be ok. You made the claims.

I pointed out he was a terrible athlete and no other player with his measurables has ever been anything more than a special teams nobody. You were the one who couldn't handle the truth.

I'm thinking about doing a write-up of some sort. Anyone got some suggestions/requests?

Also if ppl want my positional ranks after FA like last year I'm gonna need you all to update your depth chart (preferably to also reflect scheme on defense) 

Edited by wwhickok

5 minutes ago, Blue said:
1 hour ago, Jlash said:

You still stuck on Harrison Bryant?

You still think he's going to be good?

I think he's going to be relatively capable. I don't know if he's ever going to be more than a flex TE/slot guy with some Red Zone value and swing potential as a lead blocker/matchup guy out of the backfield. He's going to battle Njoku for the #2 spot on the roster this year in Cleveland. Ironically, despite Njoku's shortcomings, he's only like 9 months older than Bryant at 24 years of age.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I pointed out he was a terrible athlete and no other player with his measurables has ever been anything more than a special teams nobody. You were the one who couldn't handle the truth.

You’re like VanS’ little brother

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

At the TE position, or anywhere?

...because Orlando Brown is easily the answer here in modern history.

At the TE position, Zach Miller and he are very comparable in terms of measureables/testing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

At the TE position, Zach Miller and he are very comparable in terms of measureables/testing.

Blue is just still bitter over Jace Amaro

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Tight end position and lol no they're not.

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2019/12/17/zach-miller-ras-8764/

29 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If mid-30s Jason Witten is athletic enough to be effective, I am sure Harrison Bryant is athletic enough to be effective.

You have a very curious definition of "effective" if sub 10 YPR and 17 total TDs in the 80 games since he turned 33 is "effective" to you.

26 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Blue is just still bitter over Jace Amaro

I'd rather take a guy who has the requisite athleticism to pan out than draft a guy who would be defying data from 15 years of athletic testing to become a noteworthy contributor.