BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

@Blue 

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=7728

I'm not sure what RAS score you're looking at for Miller. The above link is his combine. You gave me some dude that JAX drafted from Nebraska/Omaha. 

This is the one you want:

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2019/12/17/zach-miller-ras-8039/

zach-miller-ras-8039.png?resize=806,522&

Let's look at his compared to Bryant's:

EWdoz4UWsAEEgiQ?format=png&name=small

Comparable vertical, shuttle, 3 cone, and broad, with Miller testing MUCH better on the size component, and worse on the 40. Miller also opted out of the bench. 

The 10, 20, and 40 Bryant was WAY BETTER than Miller, earning a good speed grade.

So:

Size: Advantage Miller

Explosiveness: Advantage Miller, but not by much as both aren't great

Speed: Advantage Bryant

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

You have a very curious definition of "effective" if sub 10 YPR and 17 total TDs in the 80 games since he turned 33 is "effective" to you.

I never said explosively effective.

That said, Witten was never a huge TD guy.

This random argument over Harrison Bryant and subsequent fallout reminds me of a Town/Town mafia argument:

Town:

Blue

Me

Ragnarok (strong lean)

Scum Read:

Scoundrel (refuses to engage, content to let everyone else tunnel on one another)

SCOUNDREL

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Blue 

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=7728

I'm not sure what RAS score you're looking at for Miller. The above link is his combine. You gave me some dude that JAX drafted from Nebraska/Omaha. 

This is the one you want:

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2019/12/17/zach-miller-ras-8039/

Let's look at his compared to Bryant's:

Comparable vertical, shuttle, 3 cone, and broad, with Miller testing MUCH better on the size component, and worse on the 40. Miller also opted out of the bench. 

The 10, 20, and 40 Bryant was WAY BETTER than Miller, earning a good speed grade.

So:

Size: Advantage Miller

Explosiveness: Advantage Miller, but not by much as both aren't great

Speed: Advantage Bryant

Miller was substantially faster and more agile despite being significantly heavier, lol. I mean nearly three points better in RAS is a really big difference.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I never said explosively effective.

That said, Witten was never a huge TD guy.

Do you think Harrison Bryant is going to be as effective a blocker as Witten? Because if you got a guy who isn't stretching the seam, isn't a factor in the redzone, and isn't a good blocker, what is he even on the field for.

Just now, MWil23 said:

This random argument over Harrison Bryant and subsequent fallout reminds me of a Town/Town mafia argument:

Town:

Blue

Me

Ragnarok (strong lean)

Scum Read:

Scoundrel (refuses to engage, content to let everyone else tunnel on one another)

SCOUNDREL

I don't see arguing, I just see people who don't respect the level of athleticism required at the NFL level. :)

Just now, Blue said:

Miller was substantially faster

...what?

Bryant is literally faster in EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY on the straightline speed grade (97.09 to 91.09).

Just now, Blue said:

and more agile despite being significantly heavier, lol. I mean nearly three points better in RAS is a really big difference.

And the point remains, if you think he can add bulk to his frame without losing the athleticism, it's a moot point since he's a prospect. I believe that he can. He's still super baby faced.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...what?

Bryant is literally faster in EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY on the straightline speed grade (97.09 to 91.09).

And the point remains, if you think he can add bulk to his frame without losing the athleticism, it's a moot point since he's a prospect. I believe that he can. He's still super baby faced.

lol I was looking at the wrong box, you right

I don't think you can add bulk to him without hurting his already meager athleticism tho.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Do you think Harrison Bryant is going to be as effective a blocker as Witten? Because if you got a guy who isn't stretching the seam, isn't a factor in the redzone, and isn't a good blocker, what is he even on the field for.

No clue cause this is the first time I have even thought about Harrison Bryant in a long time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Town:

Blue

Me

Ragnarok (strong lean)

Scum Read:

SCOUNDREL

I’m working. Scum lean- Blue

• Like 1