BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Dude the only person you're fooling is yourself, and I don't even think you believe that.

Listen, I know you think you know everything, but, you're wrong in this situation. I'm not trying to fool anyone. There are VERY few players on my roster available for trade and the ones that are, are mostly a player for player level value. 

In no way, shape, or form is Derrick Henry available for trade nor will he be at any point this season. That's a fact. This isn't an attempt to throw ppl off like my attempts at doing so in regards to Zach Wilson. This is a guarantee.

Just now, wwhickok said:

In no way, shape, or form is Derrick Henry available for trade nor will he be at any point this season. That's a fact. This isn't an attempt to throw ppl off like my attempts at doing so in regards to Zach Wilson. This is a guarantee.

I mean if the goal is to make yourself look like a clown in three months, good job I guess, but I believe this as much as I believed Darius Slay was "only a one-year rental" and you wouldn't draft a QB that went to the Jets.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I mean if the goal is to make yourself look like a clown in three months, good job I guess, but I believe this as much as I believed Darius Slay was "only a one-year rental" and you wouldn't draft a QB that went to the Jets.

I debated for a long time whether I'd draft Wilson because of going to the Jets. I'd have passed on Lawrence had gone to the Jets.

There was a time when I considered not resigning Slay but due to how well my team did with him, I changed my mind. It's as simple as that.

If I look like a clown for having 2 of the best RBs in the league on my roster, you can call me Pennywise.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I debated for a long time whether I'd draft Wilson because of going to the Jets. I'd have passed on Lawrence had gone to the Jets.

There was a time when I considered not resigning Slay but due to how well my team did with him, I changed my mind. It's as simple as that.

If I look like a clown for having 2 of the best RBs in the league on my roster, you can call me Pennywise.

That implies you think Wilson is a better player than Lawrence, which I also don't believe.

What it comes down to is that you have a history of making these grandiose statements, having them called out as bluster, doubling down on them, then doing exactly what you said you wouldn't the first chance you get. I know this is just an attempt at gamesmanship to drive up the price for when (not if, when) you try to move Henry, but that tactic stops working when everyone knows what it is.

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, Blue said:

That implies you think Wilson is a better player than Lawrence, which I also don't believe.

What it comes down to is that you have a history of making these grandiose statements, having them called out as bluster, doubling down on them, then doing exactly what you said you wouldn't the first chance you get. I know this is just an attempt at gamesmanship to drive up the price for when (not if, when) you try to move Henry, but that tactic stops working when everyone knows what it is.

I understand why you have the opinion you do. If I were going to make Henry available, it would be for nothing short of a 1st round pick + something. But I'm NOT going to make him available. You don't have to believe me, and I will not be attempting to drive up his price because his price is: priceless.  He is a Death Valley Nightmare, now and for the duration of his contract. Odds of me 3 upping him after his contract expires, right now, probably are 50/50 because who knows what will happen in the next couple years, but in 2021, Henry is a member of DVN, that's not going to change. 

Also, no, it's not because I think Wilson is better than Lawrence as a player. It's because I think Wilson is a better fit for what I expect out of the Jets offense. When I said I wasn't going to draft a Jets QB, I and everyone else was under the assumption the Jets would end up with the #1 overall pick and draft Lawrence .

Edited by wwhickok

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It's because I think Wilson is a better fit for what I expect out of the Jets offense.

See, my issue here is that the only expectation I have for the Jets offense on an annual basis is rank incompetence, simply by virtue of who they are, which is certainly not the fault of anyone here.

Edited by Blue

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

See, my issue here is that the only expectation I have for the Jets offense on an annual basis is rank incompetence, simply by virtue of who they are, which is certainly not the fault of anyone here.

That's fair. But with Saleh being hired and some of the SF offensive staff coming over, I personally have high hopes.

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

That's fair. But with Saleh being hired and some of the SF offensive staff coming over, I personally have high hopes.

I think Saleh's a really good defensive coach, we'll see how much magic LaFleur can work. For Elijah Moore's sake, at least, I hope it's good enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I Guarantee that you're wrong. From the beginning of last season I came up with a plan for offense that involved Alvin Kamara should hit FA.  That plan was predicated upon Henry still being on my roster. If I were going to trade Henry I'd have already posted him on the trading block.

Wild Cat Triple Option? 

• Like 1