BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Have you thought about having less rules? 🤷‍♀️

First time me for also.   I followed your lead.  I’d wait for someone to confirm but I like 10,000 has to increase by 1,000.   So you’d increase to 3/11,000 to start.  

Just now, samsel23 said:

First time me for also.   I followed your lead.  I’d wait for someone to confirm but I like 10,000 has to increase by 1,000.   So you’d increase to 3/11,000 to start.  

I followed @Ragnarok’s lead with A Rob we’ve been bidding each other up by $500 all day lol 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I don’t think any of those Robert Woods raises were within the rules lol

The first two weren't but the third one was.

Contracts greater than or equal to $20,000 the current offer must be beaten by $2,000

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Have you thought about having less rules? 🤷‍♀️

trust me we did but then people would do the $500 back and forth for a week. At a certain point the stakes get raised.

• Like 1

The hardest thing to separate is Contract versus Salary.

@samsel23 @EaglesPeteC

Average Salary determines the minimums to start the contracts. And have a few rules to keep maintained. We use the Average Salary from Spotrac for this.

• The League Minimum is $501 per year.  
  • Any bids on FA players must be a minimum of 2 years. 
  • Any bid on a player has to maintain a 50% basis of their real life salary
  • To be a 4 year contract, salary has to be greater than $1,500
  • To be a 5 year contract, salary has to be greater than $2,000 and maintain a 60% basis of their real life salary.

Once the initial bid is there then it's all about the total BDL contract for bidding purposed.

• For contract totals that are $5,000 and under the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $250.
  • For contract greater than or equal to $5,000 but less than $10,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $500.
  • For contracts greater than or equal to $10,000 but less than $20,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $1,000
  • Contracts greater than or equal to $20,000 the current offer must be beaten by $2,000
  • For every extra year added you must add at least 85% of the leading bids salary to the total contract size. 
  • For every year decreased in a offer in free agency, you must increase the yearly salary by 5%.

Edited by SirA1