BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That doesn't change the reality of his role

I mean, it definitely does, why would you just assume he's going to be the No. 1 receiver with a quarterback he's never played with when that QB has had significantly more practice time with other players

also why would you assume that Corey Davis would suddenly be good in a No. 1 receiver role when he's been average at best the other three years he had that role

Edited by Blue

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I mean, it definitely does, why would you just assume he's going to be the No. 1 receiver with a quarterback he's never played with when that QB has had significantly more practice time with other players

also why would you assume that Corey Davis would suddenly be good in a No. 1 receiver role when he's been average at best the other three years he had that role

You assume that I am assuming anything

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

When I consider what Robert Woods, Corey Davis, and Brandin Cooks have gone for, I feel much better about the price I signed Curtis Samuel for.

Don't know why you're including Cooks in there, he's absolutely a better player than Samuel and only signed for 1k/year more.

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

When I consider what Robert Woods, Corey Davis, and Brandin Cooks have gone for, I feel much better about the price I signed Curtis Samuel for.

I was debating between Cooks and Samuel, after not wanting to go higher on Woods.   

Was scared Samuel would revert back to his previous production under Rivera.   Went with less years and the guy who would for sure be a #1 (albeit Cooks doesn't much upside aside from Bulk stats)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Don't know why you're including Cooks in there, he's absolutely a better player than Samuel and only signed for 1k/year more.

It's mainly that I wouldn't touch Cooks with a 10 foot pole with the situation in Houston right now. Also don't think the gap between the two is that high but I am obviously admittedly high on Samuel as well.

• Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

It's mainly that I wouldn't touch Cooks with a 10 foot pole with the situation in Houston right now. Also don't think the gap between the two is that high but I am obviously admittedly high on Samuel as well.

I mean, I get the Houston hesitancy but I don't see how Washington is a good situation either.

Just now, Blue said:

I mean, I get the Houston hesitancy but I don't see how Washington is a good situation either.

I trust Fitzpatrick a thousand times more than Tyrod Taylor/Davis Mills. Plus I think there's better talent overall on the Washington offense to open up more opportunities with Samuel.

• Like 4