BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

What you should be laughing about is how you are so helping on fashion everyone else's decisions that you went out of your way to simply pick one stat that fit your narrative for a guy you've never heard of.

If James Pierre actually becomes a legitimate corner full time that $5500 AA year is a small price to pay for that if he doesn't then hes a cap casualty in a couple seasons.

Maybe you should be less worried about bashing everyone else's teams and more worried about building one that can actually win some games

My dude, if you don't realize how ridiculous you sound talking about a guy with 27 career snaps looking good against number one receivers, I can't help you. Whether he ends up being good or not is totally irrelevant.

And if I really wanted to make fun of somebody's FA decisions, we got multiple people out here bidding on guys who don't even have IRL teams, the pickings are good on that front.

Just now, Blue said:

My dude, if you don't realize how ridiculous you sound talking about a guy with 27 career snaps looking good against number one receivers, I can't help you. Whether he ends up being good or not is totally irrelevant.

And if I really wanted to make fun of somebody's FA decisions, we got multiple people out here bidding on guys who don't even have IRL teams, the pickings are good on that front.

Actually it's not me that sounds ridiculous.

You are the one dashing someone for signing a guy who looks good late in the season when he had to fill in for injuries and was not a starter because Stephen Nelson and Joe Haden we of the starters. 

Free agency in BDL is about what risks you are willing to take. That's it it is literally no more complicated than that right there.. I don't even care if you are trying to make fun of me I can take it. All of you. All the excuses in the world do not change the fact that I am coming off the season in which I swept my division. It also doesn't change the fact that my roster is better now than it was when I swept that division. So forgive me if I'm gonna trust what I do well and not someone else who thinks they know better

On an unrelated note, I doubt any of you can imagine my disappointment when I realized Pheltz had outbid Counselor's Shaq Barrett bid and that Counselor's latest Budda Baker bid was not, in fact, invalid.

1 minute ago, PR said:

Told you guys it was better off if uou 3Up and Overed Baker

1. Didn't have the option, had my own guys to 3 Up

2. Would rather pay him more than his 3 Up number than give you something in a trade AND have to pay him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

He played 27 snaps, good lord

What is your point? All I said was that in those snaps he played well. I did not say he was the next champ Valley I simply said he limited snaps keep played well so I am taking a calculated risk that's it. I'm not really sure what is so complicated to understand about that. If you are still having trouble I will gladly write it down for you in you in crayon

Just now, Blue said:

1. Didn't have the option, had my own guys to 3 Up

2. Would rather pay him more than his 3 Up number than give you something in a trade AND have to pay him

Counselor also was in on that comment

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

What is your point? All I said was that in those snaps he played well.

Because 27 snaps isn't anywhere close to a significant sample size to tell how good a guy is or isn't.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Because 27 snaps isn't anywhere close to a significant sample size to tell how good a guy is or isn't.

Which is also why I said that we probably wouldn't know how good he was until the end of the 2021 season truly I literally sent that to someone a little bit ago but maybe you didn't read that.

In fact I never made a claim about how good he was I said he played well in 27 snaps. That's it.

I have come to learn that you are the king of narrative. If it does not fit your narrative you just make **** up until it does

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, wwhickok said:

Which is also why I said that we probably wouldn't know how good he was until the end of the 2021 season truly I literally sent that to someone a little bit ago but maybe you didn't read that.

In fact I never made a claim about how good he was I said he played well in 27 snaps that's ithat's it

You literally called him an Ike Taylor type. Ike Taylor played 12 seasons and started 140 games. And you are comparing him to a guy who has played 27 mostly-garbage time snaps.

Just now, Blue said:

You literally called him an Ike Taylor type. Ike Taylor played 12 seasons and started 140 games. And you are comparing him to a guy who has played 27 mostly-garbage time snaps.

OK allow me to explain the Ike Taylor comment because if that's what you're basing it on I think you mis understand what I meant.

Mike Taylor was a Corner of act that was really good and played in both zone and man coverage He was not necessarily an interception that guy he had good  Awareness and size. Is in that regard I said the James Pierre is an Ike Taylor like guy he is not your prototypical corner like Jaylen Ramsey or is Ramsey  or White.

In no regard was I suggested the James Pierre hes currently as good as Ike  Taylor we have no way of knowing that but he has characteristic similarities that's it. You can look at those 27 snaps and see how he played in what he did and derived from that that he played similar in those 27 snaps to how idealer played in his career you cannot from those 27 snaps suggest that James Pierre will continue to play that way at no point did I say that James Pierre is the next Ike Taylor I said he was an Ike Taylor type Another words of that mode not necessarily currently that good.

I don't even know how you can read the phrase said player type and suggests that someone was suggesting that that player is as good as said player rather than having characteristical similarities.

It's nothing more than a  Is scouting comparison