BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Also they were not mostly garbage time snaps.

In that 1 sentence you made it very clear that you didn't even watch him play. He filled in literally for Joe Haden when Joe Hayden had to miss time during the season near the end of the season. Is he and Cam Sutton worked together to fill that role. Cam Sutton He's got many more snaps because he was more familiar with the defense considering he was not the current undrafted free agent that James Pierre was. Having said that in those limited 27 snaps James Pierre showed potential. What does that potential equate to not one person in this league does the answer to that question because we have not yet seen enough. Is it worth the risk that I am taking in free agency? To me yes it is if that is all the matters.

This whole debate that you just lost Blue is called being taken to the woodshed 😉

Don't worry Blue you are still my favorite color

Edited by wwhickok

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Also they were not mostly garbage time snaps.

At least one of the games he played in was a 24 point win over Jacksonville. He didn't play anything close to significant snaps against anybody good. Stop saying dumb stuff like this.

EDIT: Like even if every single one of his 27 snaps was a pass play where he was covering the other team's top receiver (they weren't), that would be less than a full game's worth of snaps. That isn't significant enough to make any sort of judgment about his overall ability.

Edited by Blue

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

At least one of the games he played in was a 24 point win over Jacksonville. He didn't play anything close to significant snaps against anybody good. Stop saying dumb stuff like this.

EDIT: Like even if every single one of his 27 snaps was a pass play where he was covering the other team's top receiver (they weren't), that would be less than a full game's worth of snaps. That isn't significant enough to make any sort of judgment about his overall ability.

I actually agree with that. But I never  made a judgment about his overall ability, not once.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I actually agree with that. But I never  made a judgment about his overall ability, not once.

I mean, I don't know why you're continuing this conversation then, I already said I understood where you were coming from on a different basis.

32 minutes ago, Blue said:

On an unrelated note, I doubt any of you can imagine my disappointment when I realized Pheltz had outbid Counselor's Shaq Barrett bid and that Counselor's latest Budda Baker bid was not, in fact, invalid.

Why would it be invalid? I have 36k 

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Why would it be invalid? I have 36k 

You had a 16k/year bid on Shaq Barrett and a 10.5k bid on Leonard Williams. If both those bids were still outstanding, your most recent bid on Budda Baker would have been invalid because you didn't have the available cap space at the time.

Just now, Blue said:

You had a 16k/year bid on Shaq Barrett and a 10.5k bid on Leonard Williams. If both those bids were still outstanding, your most recent bid on Budda Baker would have been invalid because you didn't have the available cap space at the time.

Oh got you. Yeah I thought you weren’t including the Williams bid there

• Like 1