BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

6'3 with fantastic foot quickness. That's it. Afraid to hit, doesn't trail receivers well, doesn't anticipate well.

26 years old, starting position with Seattle. If he gets it right or breaks out for this season, the narrative on him changes. The salary can be manipulated in various ways if it does not work out.

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

If he gets it right or breaks out for this season, the narrative on him changes.

I guess. 4 years in the league under one of the best DC's in the league. Not like he's coming out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I guess. 4 years in the league under one of the best DC's in the league. Not like he's coming out of nowhere. 

Considering the class of talent at CB this off season, you gotta make executive decisions sometimes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WFLukic said:

I don't understand not 3 downing an overpaid, middle of the pack RT who cut by their own team IRL.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don’t know why none of you have traded for Morgan Moses. I heard from a reliable source on this very forum, he is a really good starting tackle and found a team weeks ago. 

He was one of the top right tackles in the league and was cut for cap reasons. If he doesn't get picked up by anybody, I get to remove him from the roster for free. If he plays, either I plug him in at right tackle or I can trade him away. There's no benefit to 3 Downing him this year.

And that's significantly different from offering a multi-year to a player you already know doesn't have a team.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

I really, genuinely do not understand the bidding on older players who aren't even on a team right now. Y'all really want to be committed to these guys if they sit out the whole season and don't officially retire?

Meh for 501 it's a roll of the dice. Cost little cap and if never signed, doesn't even count against your roster limit 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Meh for 501 it's a roll of the dice. Cost little cap and if never signed, doesn't even count against your roster limit 

But...you could just wait for Shark Tank, get him for even less and only for one year, and don't have to risk things like injury or ending up in a crappy situation.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

But...you could just wait for Shark Tank, get him for even less and only for one year, and don't have to risk things like injury or ending up in a crappy situation.

True but if he signs in a good situation he's gonna cost a lot more