BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

It is in the rules. Not the first time this has happened. Even for PR.

• If a transaction (FA/Draft) puts a team over the cap, they have a very short grace period (24 hours) to cut a salary or the transaction is considered invalid.  

80S 1980S GIF

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

It is in the rules. Not the first time this has happened. Even for PR.

• If a transaction (FA/Draft) puts a team over the cap, they have a very short grace period (24 hours) to cut a salary or the transaction is considered invalid.  

And it states in the OP of the free agency thread:

A team’s active bids may not exceed the salary cap.

Not their transactions, their active bids.

Edited by Blue

Here's the conundrum, because of my bid on Ogbah, Seoul switched targets and bid on Judon 7 mil as an initial offer right after as his other edge target. That would wipe 6 mil of his remaining cap if you decide to send him that way instead. 

I have cut Trysten Hill and am now under cap

Edited by PR

46 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

It's clearly in the rules.  You can't bid over your cap.

I was just copying and pasting what Ted did last year. 

PR clearly cut 2 guys 2 min before he placed his last bid and his math was just off and he needed to cut a 3rd which he now has.

I'm satisfied, as again this is not the first time this has happened thus why we put the 24 hour rule to get in compliance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Can't wait for the next person who makes a "mistake" with how much cap space they have and uses this as precedent.

What you aren't getting is the 24 hour rule in order to get under the cap or have the transaction be revoked was created for exactly this type of situation. It has happened before. This isn't setting a precedent. It literally happens almost every year. 

To me it is no different than the Atlanta Falcons drafting a bunch of players that they didn't have the cap to sign and had to wait and find a trade partner for Julio Jones. Then they could sign their draft picks.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

What you aren't getting is the 24 hour rule in order to get under the cap or have the transaction be revoked was created for exactly this type of situation. It has happened before. This isn't setting a precedent. It literally happens almost every year. 

To me it is no different than the Atlanta Falcons drafting a bunch of players that they didn't have the cap to sign and had to wait and find a trade partner for Julio Jones. Then they could sign their draft picks.

No, I get all of that. I just also get that the "active bids cannot exceed the salary cap" rule exists to prevent people from bidding up on players they can't actually sign, which should take precedence over the 24 hour rule.

It's totally different, those players aren't weighing competing offers from teams, but it is what it is. Not going to press the issue, just think it's pointless to say "teams can't have active bids that put them over the cap" and then not enforce it whatsoever.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blue said:

No, I get all of that. I just also get that the "active bids cannot exceed the salary cap" rule exists to prevent people from bidding up on players they can't actually sign, which should take precedence over the 24 hour rule.

It's totally different, those players aren't weighing competing offers from teams, but it is what it is. Not going to press the issue, just think it's pointless to say "teams can't have active bids that put them over the cap" and then not enforce it whatsoever.

We can all just pretend that Ogbah doesn’t count in his gameplans. Problem solved 

• Like 1