BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Marvin Jones Jr. was a godsend for us last year. He is a fine definition of better player in real life. 

There was a brief, glorious moment in time where I had a three-deep of Deandre Hopkins, Jordy Nelson, Marvin Jones, and Delanie Walker all in their primes with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

I gotta say, even if Jones is the third receiver, James Robinson still caught 49 passes last year and sounds like Travis Etienne is gonna get some slot snaps. I dunno if he's gonna get enough volume to be more than a BDL WR4/5, which is fine if all you want there is depth.

He is depth and a veteran presence for my locker room and that position group. I know that doesn’t get really viewed as beneficial but I want to try and approach this next season and all of my future seasons as realistic as possible if I was actually running a team. Like MD4L does. No more ridiculous trades just for the heck of it. I wish I would have taken the team you built when I took it over and just kept adding to it like I did with that first draft (CMC, Budda, Kupp, Kittle) instead of just completely scrapping everything. But I can not change that I can however control how I approach it going forward. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I don’t think I homered at all. I was very realistic. 

It’s a rib because the old version of yourself reinforced talking about the best players in the league or be scorned for talking non elite players up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

There was a brief, glorious moment in time where I had a three-deep of Deandre Hopkins, Jordy Nelson, Marvin Jones, and Delanie Walker all in their primes with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback.

I remember those teams. I think Marvin Jones was still underutilized on the 2014-16 Lions squads that were pretty good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I remember those teams. I think Marvin Jones was still underutilized on the 2014-16 Lions squads that were pretty good.

He is one of only four wide receivers I believe with multiple 4 TD games, Jerry Rice being one of those four. (No I’m not comparing him to Rice just saying it’s impressive)

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

He is one of only four wide receivers I believe with multiple 4 TD games, Jerry Rice being one of those four. (No I’m not comparing him to Rice just saying it’s impressive)

I am well aware of his talent. Gave Xavier Rhodes all he could handle that game. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

James Robinson still caught 49 passes last year and sounds like Travis Etienne is gonna get some slot snaps. I dunno if he's gonna get enough volume to be more than a BDL WR4/5, which is fine if all you want there is depth.

I wanted to quote this twice and it is to say I’m very interested in what Jacksonville does in the redzone this season. Etienne was a TD hog at Clemson, Lawrence has RPO ability, Marvin Jones has redzone specialities, Chark + Robinson were their top guys in the redzone in the last two seasons, and Shenualt is a hybrid that wins with YAC. Let’s not forget the impeccable Tebow and I look forward to how Urban Meyer balances all that out.

• Like 2

Ideally I would have liked to get Jones in the tank on a one year deal. I believe Jlash was the one who also had eyes on him there and that Sir was the one who bid on him in FA. He might end up a cap casualty for me after this season but we shall see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Ideally I would have liked to get Jones in the tank on a one year deal. I believe Jlash was the one who also had eyes on him there and that Sir was the one who bid on him in FA. He might end up a cap casualty for me after this season but we shall see.

You’ve got a young team so if your young guys do what they are capable of he won’t have a prominent role. It’s a great move to maximize Burrow or more likely Lawrence being very very good from day one.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Jones was a guy I would have went pretty high in Shark.  It was a good move to lock him up 

• Like 1