BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Whelp the way I was reading things a couple of days ago if someone threw a 4th at me for him I probably would have moved him. I had little hope he was going to play much this season or get over what is going on with him. And who knows it’s one preseason game but at least now I have a little hope restored. 

Oh. Well in that case

CJ Henderson ain’t it. As a matter of fact for a 3rd I’ll take him off your shoulders. I could name some 2nd rounders IRL w more upside.

Or you can trade the guy w track star speed you’ve currently got projected for slot CB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Whelp the way I was reading things a couple of days ago if someone threw a 4th at me for him I probably would have moved him. I had little hope he was going to play much this season or get over what is going on with him. And who knows it’s one preseason game but at least now I have a little hope restored. 

I had to quote this post twice bc now you’re getting folks hopes up and lying. Don’t lie to the people my guy.

Cuba 2021 Starting QB isn’t on the roster. This is the worst transition for a defending Champion in years. 

Yet we don’t care. We’ll figure out and then put all our guys in the best position to succeed. We promise.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I had to quote this post twice bc now you’re getting folks hopes up and lying. Don’t lie to the people my guy.

I promise you I am telling the truth. The way it was being talked about they were open to trading him after one year plus he hadn’t posted anything on Instagram in months, just added a little to the rumors that he was really dealing with mental health issues. I was really fearful he was just going to end up a flat out bust and as you see I give up on guys too early because I’d rather get something for them than be stuck with them and they just rot. Tonight he put his plays he made on his story so showing a little more excitement for his own play. 

14 hours ago, MD4L said:

My boy Denzel Mims...What are y’all doing Jets?

I'm starting to think Saleh is trying to motivate him.  Maybe he didnt like his attitude when he came in or something, not sure.  Maybe Mims thought he was more secure in a roster spot/starting position based on his draft slot rather than effort/production?  

3 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

I'm starting to think Saleh is trying to motivate him.  Maybe he didnt like his attitude when he came in or something, not sure.  Maybe Mims thought he was more secure in a roster spot/starting position based on his draft slot rather than effort/production?  

It also goes in with the fact Elijah Moore has been so good from day one that they can play hardball with the guy they did not draft . Either way, I’m excited to see the continued developments with how that works out.

Also, I am not a fan of the bring Clay Matthews back campaign. Za’Darius Smith is one of the 5 best edge rushers in the league, Rashan Gary is oozing for a breakout year 3, and Preston Smith ranges from solid to good depending on who you ask. No need to give any reason for Gary to get less snaps.

16 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Also, I am not a fan of the bring Clay Matthews back campaign. Za’Darius Smith is one of the 5 best edge rushers in the league, Rashan Gary is oozing for a breakout year 3, and Preston Smith ranges from solid to good depending on who you ask. No need to give any reason for Gary to get less snaps.

I agree.

5 hours ago, MD4L said:

I hadn't heard about this, lol. He can't be worse than Oren Burks as a fourth inside backer, at least.

• Like 1

I was tempted to make an offer for CJ Henderson but it would've just been Counselor saying let me think about it and saying no 3 days later lol.

Anyway, JC Jackson and Stephon Gilmore in the top 50. James Bradberry at 74 as well. Nice. CB room is lit right now and that's not even taking into account Adoree Jackson and Richard Sherman as backups while Dantzler will be starting and McPhearson + St Juste will be getting snaps early.

Just need Nick Bosa to come up in the top 100 and that's the whole starting DL in it too. Excellence rushing the passer and in coverage - the New Orleans way.

• Like 2

Just now, WFLukic said:

I was tempted to make an offer for CJ Henderson but it would've just been Counselor saying let me think about it and saying no 3 days later lol.

Anyway, JC Jackson and Stephon Gilmore in the top 50. James Bradberry at 74 as well. Nice. CB room is lit right now and that's not even taking into account Adoree Jackson and Richard Sherman as backups while Dantzler will be starting and McPhearson + St Juste will be getting snaps early.

Just need Nick Bosa to come up in the top 100 and that's the whole starting DL in it too. Excellence rushing the passer and in coverage - the New Orleans way.

I’ve made many trades with many individuals. Seems you are implying I waste people’s time. If it’s not an offer I like immediately I do like to think on it. Sometimes I turn around and accept other times I do not. That’s the way of it. My Jaylon Johnson for Noah Fant trade with Ruskie took a month. Not because of me but him. And I was fine with that. He had things going on. But I had my offer to him and never backed away from it. I’ve returned answers to many gms days later and accepted the trade. Give me a good offer and we have a deal. 

On 8/14/2021 at 11:39 PM, Scoundrel said:

If anyone else has any highly drafted 2nd year players they want to sell low on, let me know.  I may very well be interested.