BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That'll happen a lot at first, the baby basically makes the schedule and when they settle into their schedule, it'll get much easier.

That's what we've been told.  We are going to give it a few days to see how Mara's temperament develops and then maybe hire a night nurse to assist the first couple weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

That's what we've been told.  We are going to give it a few days to see how Mara's temperament develops and then maybe hire a night nurse to assist the first couple weeks.

With my first kid, she basically just cried for two whole days in the hospital. She wouldn't latch so she barely ate. Then, on night 3, a nurse walked in and was like "hey do you guys want to just give her a bottle of formula?" I wanted to punch this woman in the face for not even suggesting it earlier. Kid ate, slept for like a full day.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jlash said:

With my first kid, she basically just cried for two whole days in the hospital. She wouldn't latch so she barely ate. Then, on night 3, a nurse walked in and was like "hey do you guys want to just give her a bottle of formula?" I wanted to punch this woman in the face for not even suggesting it earlier. Kid ate, slept for like a full day.

Marie Nina really wanted to breastfeed to pass on antibodies(especially in COVID era).  Luckily, Mara latched on pretty well from the start.  That said, we may switch to formula in a few weeks.  Depends on how well Mara starts sleeping.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Marie Nina really wanted to breastfeed to pass on antibodies(especially in COVID era).  Luckily, Mara latched on pretty well from the start.  That said, we may switch to formula in a few weeks.  Depends on how well Mara starts sleeping.

We switched to formula after a few weeks as well. This boy is above the 97 percentile in everything. Big healthy boy.

• Like 2