BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Just now, WFLukic said:

Remember when Josh Allen only looked like an average QB when he had the worst offense of the 21st century around him on the 2018 Bills.

Dw guys, your bust QBs might be league average one day.

He has definitely grown. Despite how good he was last season, he also deserved the criticism he got. Now, this season, he is doing a better job protecting the ball, his oline in front of him is doing better, and he is making Dawson Knox look like the highly talented TE that he is.

• Like 1

With 2 receiving TD today, Ja'Marr Chase became the youngest player (& first 21-year-old) in NFL history to have 4+ rec TD in his team's first 3 games of a season HOF Randy Moss was the previous youngest player (21) w/ 3 rec TD in his team's first 3 games

Ja'Marr Chase has a 30-yard rec TD in each of his first 3 career games. He is the ONLY player to do this in the Super Bowl Era.

Ja'Marr Chase has scored his second TD of the day, giving him four this season. He's now tied with Gronk for the NFL lead in TD catches. I'm old enough to remember when he couldn't catch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

BDL Mock Draft 4.0

8. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
I don't expect Berlin to stay this low in the draft order so I imagine they'll be in a better range for their needs in the future. For now though, their top needs don't perfectly align with the board so they take a QB of the future. It's fair to say that Rodger's future will likely be questioned every offseason until he finally retires. If Berlin is in a position to grab a potential future starter

8. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Brandon Smith, LB, Penn State
Rashaan Evans has disappointed and is an upcoming free agent. Berlin looks to replace Evans with the explosive Brandon Smith.

Yeah, I'll probably hop on the Willis train if he is available when I pick.

Haven't watched much of Brandon Smith, but I added a few potential Rashaan replacements this year.  Definitely an option though.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I really liked Samuel, figured he was only a slot guy once his arm length came in.

I’d like to take this time to thank Justin Fields for giving me a reason to do a victory lap over my lack of faith in his NFL projection. More sacks taken than completed passes is a rough way to make your first start.

Same