BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Just now, wwhickok said:

Yeah but there's no context. You're just labeling them as bad QBs, never mind that the Oline and the coaching is horrible

You know what? I'll give you that with Wilson. Especially after seeing what Darnold has done in Carolina now that he's gotten away from the Jets.

But Fields? Historically bad. And it's not like we don't know what this offense looks like with a different quarterback under center. The excuses for why what happened yesterday wasn't Fields' fault is the greatest compliment Andy Dalton has had in his entire NFL career.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

You know what? I'll give you that with Wilson. Especially after seeing what Darnold has done in Carolina now that he's gotten away from the Jets.

But Fields? Historically bad. And it's not like we don't know what this offense looks like with a different quarterback under center. The excuses for why what happened yesterday wasn't Fields' fault is the greatest compliment Andy Dalton has had in his entire NFL career.

Tbf. While I think its too early to judge Fields, I never thought he'd be good. 

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm certainly not saying Fields was not at fault or that he was not, as you say, historically bad yesterday. He was terrible yesterday and it does not bode well for his prospects long term either. I'm just saying that for me personally it's too early to completely write him off for good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

So Nick Bosa didn’t really feast on a third string tackle after all the internet is telling me?

Guess I need to go pick up Yosh Nijman on waivers since apparently he's so much better than Sam Cosmi

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

I'm certainly not saying Fields was not at fault or that he was not, as you say, historically bad yesterday. He was terrible yesterday and it does not bode well for his prospects long term either. I'm just saying that for me personally it's too early to completely write him off for good.

Yeah to call it off after one game (albeit performance) is laughable.