BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Wynn is RFA because he missed his entire rookie year. Doesn't really change things much, though.

Yeah I don't know who all is an RFA or 5th year option or regular FA so I just kind of treat it all the same unless I know otherwise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rackcs said:

BDL Mock Draft 5.0

4. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU
I considered potentially going with another QB here to be Aaron Rodgers' successor in Berlin, but ultimately there are still some potentially elite players on the board so that's the direction Berlin goes in. Cornerback isn't the biggest need Berlin has, but they have had some...unfortunate luck with corners recently between Deandre Baker and Jeff Gladney so they still could use a little more talent for the secondary. Enter Stingley, who has all the tools and athleticism to be an elite corner in the league, but still needs to find consistency.

4. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Ikem Ekwonu, OG, North Carolina State
All three of Berlin's guards will be free agents this offseason so he grabs one here. Ekwonu was one of my guys from the summer that I thought would blow up and he definitely has. He's incredibly powerful and athletic and has greatly improved in pass blocking. He just bullies dudes and I love it.

Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State
Andrew Whitworth could really retire at any point. Ivory Coast took Teven Jenkins in the last draft but he's been injured so he hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet. Petit-Frere has a lot of physical tools and has continued to figure it out and put it all together since last season.

If I draft at 4, and Stingley is there, I will take him.

OG is a possibility.  Royce Newman is a rookie, so I have his ERFA option for next year.  I'm not sure if I'll have the cap to re-sign Cappa.  Petit-Frere is another option.  I'd love to 3Up both Kolton and Cappa, might not be able to.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rackcs said:

BDL Mock Draft 5.0

Round 2
1. Gotham Gashslayers: Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
I was a Lloyd Cushenberry III fan coming out of LSU but he has not panned out. Gotham turned to the Shark Tank this offseason for a center but he could use a long term option. Linderbaum is going to be a day 1, dependable dude who can come in and start right away.

I think that's a premature "hasn't panned out" on LC3.  Has started every game simce Week 1 as a rookie last year at arguably the most complex position in football outside of QB.  I know he wasnt good last year, but he also wasnt full trash, I think he met expectations for the prospect he was expected to be and where he was drafted for sure.

Edited by pheltzbahr