BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

5 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Can you explain what we were talking about with Carr and his ability to heavily target elite weapons?  Apologies if I missed it.

I had Waller in fantasy. But I like how certain QBs aggressively target guy regardless of coverage and felt like Carr to Waller was a prime example.

Rodgers does it with Adams, but it’s to a level that is not done within other elite QB/WR or TE combos.

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I had Waller in fantasy. But I like how certain QBs aggressively target guy regardless of coverage and felt like Carr to Waller was a prime example.

Rodgers does it with Adams, but it’s to a level that is not done within other elite QB/WR or TE combos.

I heard an interview with Jimmy Johnson or/and Aikman and they talked about how they knew Michael Irvin was gonna get the top coverage guy and double covered and all that...but they still made a point to target him early and often no matter what.

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I heard an interview with Jimmy Johnson or/and Aikman and they talked about how they knew Michael Irvin was gonna get the top coverage guy and double covered and all that...but they still made a point to target him early and often no matter what.

What you are explaining is game planning....what frogs is saying is that it is a measurable positive trait of a QB.

Just now, pheltzbahr said:

What you are explaining is game planning....what frogs is saying is that it is a measurable positive trait of a QB.

Some QBs will aggressively target lesser receivers. It’s a respectable comeback but I like the QBs who say screw it we’re still going to give our man a shot. So yes in some ways it is a positive trait for me when I look at QBs I like.

2 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

I mean, its good that he trusts in his own abilities enough to throw into tight windows?