BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Some QBs will aggressively target lesser receivers. It’s a respectable comeback but I like the QBs who say screw it we’re still going to give our man a shot. So yes in some ways it is a positive trait for me when I look at QBs I like.

I fell like you're just making stuff up, which QBs do this?

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

I fell like you're just making stuff up, which QBs do this?

Are you telling me every QB targets their number one guy at an insane rate?

I’ve seen Aaron Rodgers throw to Adams on 3 consecutive downs in the goal line. That’s not something every QB in the NFL does.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Are you telling me every QB targets their number one guy at an insane rate?

I’ve seen Aaron Rodgers throw to Adams on 3 consecutive downs in the goal line. That’s not something every QB in the NFL does.

Im saying that #1 targets are #1 targets for a reason.  That reason is they are good.  That's why QBs target them.  Because they get open.  Because they can catch the ball.  Because they can make plays.

You are saying you like a QB better because he targets the good players rather than the bad players.  I still dont know who doesnt do this as a QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

Frogs, go deeper down the rabbit hole.  Think on a team like the Greatest Show on Turf or Manning's Colts teams taht have multiple elite targets.  How do you quantify how good they are at targeting elite targets if there is more than one?

That’s what makes it inclusive. Mahomes is a great example and he targets two guys at a high frequency. Hill and Kelce cancel each other out in that regard particularly because Mahomes can use coverages to make sound decisions. 

You do realize my examples (Carr-Waller) and Rodgers-Adams are THE unquestionable top dawgs without a legit secondary high level weapon? Not unintentional.

Also it feels like I’m getting pigeon-holed here for making a point. It’s last months news so let’s move forward.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I got the impression MD4L was saying that some quarterbacks will shy away from targeting their best receiver because of the coverage--somebody like Jimmy G throwing away from Deebo Samuel because he knows he's getting extra attention in coverage comes to mind.

On the other hand, as other people have pointed out, Mahomes and Rodgers will throw to their No. 1 guy no matter what.

• Like 2

I distinctively remember Aaron Rodgers in a goal line situation throwing to Adams on 3 consecutive plays. He missed the initial two attempts but connected on try #3. I remember that catching my attention bc that’s super bad *** to just keep going at the main guy and it doesn’t even matter what the defense is doing.

7 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Well good thing Ruggs and Edwards are developing into good weapons. Edwards has become a contested catch/clutch lion @Ragnarok (tried to use an animal for you) and they are finally figuring out how to use Ruggs

I feel like a monkey would be a better animal to use for catching.

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

I distinctively remember Aaron Rodgers in a goal line situation throwing to Adams on 3 consecutive plays. He missed the initial two attempts but connected on try #3. I remember that catching my attention bc that’s super bad *** to just keep going at the main guy and it doesn’t even matter what the defense is doing.

Honestly, I still think your "evaluation" is wrong.  What you are identifying is confidence more than anything else.  It really has nothing to do with anything else.