BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

You’ve got good pieces once your draft class develops more. Keep at it. You have two firsts in the next draft as well.

Oh I’m in it for the long haul.   I’m just enjoying the different ways everyone is wording it

• Like 1

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but I feel like everyone I've tried to talk to about a trade is going "I want a 1st round pick+ for player X" and I'm like, I hate to break the news to you but half the 1st round picks next year are owned by the state of Alaska

Nobody has a first round pick to trade for your guy even if they wanted to, I'm not bidding against myself here, man

I'm looking at last year's picks because for some bizarre reason that hasn't been updated on the spreadsheet yet, but the point stands, more people are asking for 1sts than actually exist in the league

Edited by Blue

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but I feel like everyone I've tried to talk to about a trade is going "I want a 1st round pick+ for player X" and I'm like, I hate to break the news to you but half the 1st round picks next year are owned by the state of Alaska

Nobody has a first round pick to trade for your guy even if they wanted to, I'm not bidding against myself here, man

I'm looking at last year's picks because for some bizarre reason that hasn't been updated on the spreadsheet yet, but the point stands, more people are asking for 1sts than actually exist in the league

I only have 3...

Just now, Blue said:

leIEiaW.gif?noredirect

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Didn’t own half then either...

You and Pickle together did

EDIT: oh god, I am so tired, Antarctica =/= Alaska, geez. 13 hour work day, my only excuse

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

You and Pickle together did

EDIT: oh god, I am so tired, Antarctica =/= Alaska, geez. 13 hour work day, my only excuse

Oh, you think you know tired.  Mara has decided that midnight to 5 am is party time.  Every night.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Blue said:

I know this is going to probably make you bring up Mixon again but I think as we get closer to the trade deadline we'll see deals start to get done a little more. Whether guys pony up for asking prices or guys get desperate to move people and go lower on what they'll take, I think more movement will happen though.

At least for make sake I hope so anyways.