BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

I love Brian Flores so seeing him lose today was tough. Further evidence that in modern NFL best recipe for success is finding a franchise QB and overloading him with as much skill/competent OL as possible.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I love Brian Flores so seeing him lose today was tough. Further evidence that in modern NFL best recipe for success is finding a franchise QB and overloading him with as much skill/competent OL as possible.

Loving it as an Eagles fan with their 1st next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I did this too.  I must be Brian Flores lol

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Loving it as an Eagles fan with their 1st next year.

They got it right by trying to get Waddle but doing it over Sewell looks like a mistake. As a matter of fact all their offensive choices look like mistakes. They need viable RB in the worst way.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

They got it right by trying to get Waddle but doing it over Sewell looks like a mistake. As a matter of fact all their offensive choices look like mistakes. They need viable RB in the worst way.

I mean Howie moved down a bunch and got Devonta. They need a QB who can get him the ball and an OC who can make it happen, but he did the right thing.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I mean Howie moved down a bunch and got Devonta. They need a QB who can get him the ball and an OC who can make it happen, but he did the right thing.

Dolphins team needs (on offense)

QB (debatable)
RB 
WR2 (debatable)

You could make a case it’s the entire OL but there are young guys who haven’t put it all together. Not the recipe of success considering the other needs.

Well that's also a Tagovailoa problem. Left hander which sort of distorts LT/RT value. Sewell made sense, but then you're essentially drafting an RT with the 6th overall pick. I mean I guess Nelson & Scherff (talent wise, not necessarily injury) worked out as guards drafted that high but I can see the reservation. Plus there was the investment in the OL the year prior.

I think things look very different if the Dolphins picked Herbert instead of Tua.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Well that's also a Tagovailoa problem. Left hander which sort of distorts LT/RT value. Sewell made sense, but then you're essentially drafting an RT with the 6th overall pick. I mean I guess Nelson & Scherff (talent wise, not necessarily injury) worked out as guards drafted that high but I can see the reservation. Plus there was the investment in the OL the year prior.

I think things look very different if the Dolphins picked Herbert instead of Tua.

No QB, no glory. Whether it’s Wilson/Rodgers/Watson, etc., I’m pretty sure the ownership and front office understand until they get a passer that can shoulder franchise QB responsibility they’ve got no shot at yearly high level success.