CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie suspended by team

Acgott

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

He isn't bad, he has played well for us. He didn't want to be the slot corner, but of course there is bigger issues beyond the surface.

Yeah, I'm sure. Sounds like things are getting real messy. Reason I ask is fairly obvious haha. Titans have a big hole at outside corner and DRC played at Tennessee St.

Mcadoo has lost control of the team. DRC and Mcadoo had an altercation according to Landon Collins. This is after Jackrabbit left for the tunnel with time still on the clock against the Chargers. This is more of an indictment on Mcadoo than DRC. By all accounts, the players love DRC.

4/5 of our receiving corps is injured and Mcadoo has managed to estrange DRC, Jackrabbit, and Apple (by benching him for apparently no given reason; Apple has said he was scapegoated). Giants are a dumpster fire right now and if the ownership doesn't blow it up by season's end we are in deep trouble.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I'm sure. Sounds like things are getting real messy. Reason I ask is fairly obvious haha. Titans have a big hole at outside corner and DRC played at Tennessee St.

I doubt any team would trade for him. He's only got 1 year left on his contract and it is a pretty sizable number. Still, I can't speak badly of DRC at all. He came to the Giants because of his relationship with Antrel Rolle, and even after Rolle left, he continued to play well in whatever role we asked him to play, and the guys in the locker room love him. It's pretty upsetting to see this become of our team.

@minutemancl Well Apple has been playing poorly this season, but I agree a new start  is required.

Reese hasn't brought in enough talent through his 10 years with the team. Somehow we won 2 Superbowls though...

McAdoo shouldn't been hired in the first place, he was a band aid to salvage Eli. It didn't work. His offense became basic and predictable

Spags has been bad except for one or 2 years. How can the defense fall apart with so much great talent?.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I doubt any team would trade for him. He's only got 1 year left on his contract and it is a pretty sizable number. Still, I can't speak badly of DRC at all. He came to the Giants because of his relationship with Antrel Rolle, and even after Rolle left, he continued to play well in whatever role we asked him to play, and the guys in the locker room love him. It's pretty upsetting to see this become of our team.

Yeah, I would more be looking at a Peterson kind of trade. Something along the lines of a Conditional late round pick based on snaps played.

Cannot imagine him coming back to the Giants after this and at 0-5 it seems like a waste to give the impending FA, veteran corner many reps anyways.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I would more be looking at a Peterson kind of trade. Something along the lines of a Conditional late round pick based on snaps played.

Cannot imagine him coming back to the Giants after this and at 0-5 it seems like a waste to give the impending FA, veteran corner many reps anyways.

DRC still has another year on his contract for 2018. 8.5 cap hit with 2M dead money if cut. Not terrible at all if you believe that missing link is a CB for a potential big run.

https://overthecap.com/player/dominique-rodgers-cromartie/464/

Just now, Acgott said:

DRC still has another year on his contract for 2018. 8.5 cap hit with 2M dead money if cut. Not terrible at all if you believe that missing link is a CB for a potential big run.

https://overthecap.com/player/dominique-rodgers-cromartie/464/

Oh yeah, not impending FA lol. Titans have plenty of cap room, it's probably a long shot but it's not a bad match.

6 minutes ago, Acgott said:

@minutemancl Well Apple has been playing poorly this season, but I agree a new start  is required.

Reese hasn't brought in enough talent through his 10 years with the team. Somehow we won 2 Superbowls though...

McAdoo shouldn't been hired in the first place, he was a band aid to salvage Eli. It didn't work. His offense became basic and predictable

Spags has been bad except for one or 2 years. How can the defense fall apart with so much great talent?.

It's been an all-around failure, from the GM to the head coach. Hiring Mcadoo made sense for what the Giants were trying to do: win another Super Bowl while you have a bonafide QB who has proven he can do so. But the experiment is obviously over and that ship has sailed. Enough money thrown around on defense was able to band-aid areas of deficiency on the team for a year, but after just 5 weeks in 2017, we know this team is not ready to win another Super Bowl before Eli retires. This has been completely disastrous though. It's one thing to be below .500, it is another to be winless, but it is an entirely different animal to see an entire team explode like this. The way the locker room is exploding and changes aren't being made to the gameplan are a direct indictment on the coaching staff, especially Mcadoo, and the lack of talent and production from draft picks is a direct indictment on the GM. I've already said this multiple times in the past few days, but it is time for a true rebuild. Blow it up.

I still like Spags too. I think his defense is effective, but the learning curve is very steep. The defensive struggles this year are about fundamentals and the mental game. We are ignoring gap responsibility and missing tackles, and the effort isn't there thanks to being winless and not having a respectable HC. I know the Giants do not fire head coaches in the middle of the season, but there has to be an exemption to that rule. Get Mcadoo out of here and install Spags for the rest of the season. Finish with 2 wins maybe and bring in a new regime.

The biggest shock is the defense has fallen apart. That's on Spags. Some players have been banged up but there is no reason for us to be 24th ranked defense and especially 29th in rushing yards allowed. Inexcusable with our talent.

Archived