CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie suspended by team

Acgott

Some additional information on CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and the Giants: According to a source close to the situation, the issues with Rodgers-Cromartie began last Friday, when the cornerback walked out of the team's "recovery day" session. During Sunday's loss to the Chargers, the source said, Rodgers-Cromartie slammed his helmet down on the sideline, left the team while the game was in progress and went to the locker room with what teammates and coaches understood was the intent to leave the stadium. The Friday and Sunday incidents led to a meeting Tuesday between Rodgers-Cromartie and head coach Ben McAdoo in which McAdoo told Rodgers-Cromartie that he would be inactive for this Sunday's game in Denver and fined for walking out of Friday's recovery session. Rodgers-Cromartie was to participate in practice this week as normal but would be one of the seven game-day inactives Sunday in Denver. The source went on to say that Rodgers-Cromartie showed up for meetings Wednesday but left the defensive team meeting while it was ongoing, cleaned out his locker and left the team facility. At that time, the team made the decision to suspend him. At this time, a source said, the Giants have no plans to release or trade Rodgers-Cromartie and instead plan to welcome him back with a clean slate once he has served his punishment.

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/918222061016793088

I mean im not saying I don't understand the reasoning for the suspension, but I doubt anything like this would be happening on a team that wasn't 0-5 and imploding as we speak.  DRC is still a great player and was an All-Pro last season and a Pro Bowler the year before. He'll have a few teams looking his way for sure 

When you have huge aspirations and ultimately not only do you fail to meet up to expectations but you have the worst record in the lead you implode.

We don't fire coaches, so say McAdoo does get fired (which I doubt) then it says a lot about the situation. Losing creates the "culture" not the culture creates the losing.

Archived