What would it take for Jags to trade out of 1st pick and who could do it?

Vladimir L

15 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Come on...Watson is a proven elite QB who is top 5 in the game, and what you would want Lawrence to become. The Jags would make that swap every time.

Hasn't Watson already been in the league 4 years?  He's great, but he is also older, and Lawrence doesn't have the miles on the clock.  I don't think I'd trade Lawrence for him.  Watson is a proven commodity, but I think I'd roll the dice with Lawrence.  I like his chances a lot.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hasn't Watson already been in the league 4 years?  He's great, but he is also older, and Lawrence doesn't have the miles on the clock.  I don't think I'd trade Lawrence for him.  Watson is a proven commodity, but I think I'd roll the dice with Lawrence.  I like his chances a lot.

He's 25 years old.  Give me a break.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Id take Watson over Lawrencr all day.

Who has to give up the pick is the thing though

2 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Also, if Lawrence busts it is what it is. No one is going to fault Jacksonville for taking him and refusing to trade the pick.

Thankfully he's going to a team with several weapons and a decent OL as it stands already.

Just now, Vladimir L said:

Id take Watson over Lawrencr all day.

Who has to give up the pick is the thing though

Lawrence is on a rookie contract for the next 5 years and Houston is paying Watson $35-$40M a year. I'm definitely taking Lawrence/the risk that entails.

Only guy I'd move him for is Mahomes because it's Mahomes. Wouldn't entertain it for anyone else.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Wtf lmao Watson is like 25 years old.

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Was joking lol

You'd be surprised how many people actually think that.

If he wasn't gonna spurn the Jets (like he said on The Dan Patrick Show a couple weeks ago when everyone thought it was a lock), then he definitely wouldn't spurn the Jaguars.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Three years are three years.  Don't you think Bill Bellichick would love to have another three years of prime Tom Brady?

Don't get the correlation here.

Watson is going to be a top 5-8 QB for the next decade. If this wasn't Trevor Lawrence who's been as hyped as he has since he was in HS/viewed as a generational QB I'd deal the 1st overall pick in an instant.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Thankfully he's going to a team with several weapons and a decent OL as it stands already.

Lawrence is on a rookie contract for the next 5 years and Houston is paying Watson $35-$40M a year. I'm definitely taking Lawrence/the risk that entails.

Only guy I'd move him for is Mahomes because it's Mahomes. Wouldn't entertain it for anyone else.

So you think Lawrence is going to win you a super bowl within 5 years? Because then you’ll be paying him 40+Mill as well. You take the proven commodity...especially one that is a proven superstar every time.

I mean i like Trevor, but some of you are acting like he’s instantly 1B to Mahomes. Saying you’d take him over Deshaun Watson right now is absolutely absurd. Think about what he would have to do in the next 5 years to be better than Watson. Ridiculously high expectations. He isn’t going to step on the field and be Mahomes that is incredibly rare. It’s more likely he becomes Sam Darnold than Patrick Mahomes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That's an excellent point.  I agree with you, .Buzz.  Mahomes or no one else.  Prospects like Trevor Lawrence don't come around all that often. 

• Like 1