Tyty’s Gaming Journal

Ty21

I’m taking a page from 43’s journal thread and making my own gaming thoughts thread. This is kinda like when the first iPhone came out and people were excited about it but now that the iPhone pro max 12™ is out, people realize how much the original iPhone sucked and needed to be improved upon. 

Edited by Ty21

Im playing Assassins Creed Valhalla right now, and will be posting my cantankerous thoughts on it here until I move on to the next game in my journey. I wish I’d started this thread sooner. 

Valhalla complaint: I’m tailing this Basim assassin guy and he’s giving me juicy info on our 1500 meter trek but every 15 meters or so an enemy pops up on the road which halts our conversation until I get far enough away or take the enemy out. Just **** off and let me focus on his story. 

I took out an entire fort and killed everyone there and the quest I was doing was completed and immediately after, Eivor says “I should not be seen in this area” lol. What do you expect could happen to you? Like I need to bail out at this instant or a townsperson is going to recognize me as the dude that just brutally razed the entire village. Time is of the essence. 

Edited by Ty21

Thought it was weird this game has a nudity filter in the options menu but haven’t seen any nudity thus far, and then I wandered off and beat the high level demon Thor-power lady in the swamp and her t***y popped out halfway through the fight in a fit of distracting vengeance so now I understand the nudity filter. 

So I had to figure out who poisoned the wine amongst 4 dudes, but I already knew the wine was poisoned and didn’t warn any of the people at the party as the dude I accused to someone else of being evil before took the stage and laughed maniacally as everyone drank the wine and died. I had plenty of time to react in the cutscene to take him down and to stop the people from drinking the poisoned wine but didn’t do anything until the guy started running away. Brilliant work Eivor. 

I wanted to 100% the wealths at the very least but omg ********* cairn challenges. Jesus Christ. 

Also, charged shots and wolf abilities are so OP abut that doesn’t mean I don’t use them every chance I get 

I took on the polar bear legendary beast in Hordafylke but it glitched and I couldn’t attack or dodge, just run slowly around til I died or reloaded my save lol. Just kinda goes to show that all the bosses in this game are very beatable if you have patience and don’t run and gun like I do. The polar bear didn’t hit me once while I just jogged around lol

Wrapped up AC Valhalla. It was pretty good but him not being an assassin was a weird decision for an assassins creed game, and I was left with several unanswered questions that I guess won’t be concluded until DLC comes out or maybe even a sequel. 

On to Watch Dogs Legion. Most apprehensive I’ve been to start a game in a while lol. Watch Dogs was good, I enjoyed it despite everyone being whiny about it but maybe cause I played after the rocky release of it. Watch Dogs 2 I loved. The concept for Legions where you play as infinite characters but potentially none of any substance is daunting for me. I struggle with games where you play as two characters, let alone incessant. 

• Like 1