Tyty’s Gaming Journal

Ty21

22 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

On to Watch Dogs Legion. Most apprehensive I’ve been to start a game in a while lol. Watch Dogs was good, I enjoyed it despite everyone being whiny about it but maybe cause I played after the rocky release of it. Watch Dogs 2 I loved. The concept for Legions where you play as infinite characters but potentially none of any substance is daunting for me. I struggle with games where you play as two characters, let alone incessant. 

I'm interested to see your opinion of it.  It's one I've been on the fence about, but haven't felt compelled enough to buy yet.  What are you playing these games on?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I'm interested to see your opinion of it.  It's one I've been on the fence about, but haven't felt compelled enough to buy yet.  What are you playing these games on?

If I like it, it’ll mean I really like it cause overcoming the multiple character thing will mean it’s a pretty good game 😂

I'm playing on a ps5

I’m kinda hoping cyberpunk is fixed by the time I finish with this so I will have something else to play that’s single player, otherwise I’ll have to play the free ps4 games on here or the ps+ game of the month. Or COD but why would I post in here about cod 

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

If I like it, it’ll mean I really like it cause overcoming the multiple character thing will mean it’s a pretty good game 😂

I'm playing on a ps5

I’m kinda hoping cyberpunk is fixed by the time I finish with this so I will have something else to play that’s single player, otherwise I’ll have to play the free ps4 games on here or the ps+ game of the month. Or COD but why would I post in here about cod 

That's what I've been doing.  The only PS5 game I have is 2k (unless you count Ghost of Tsushima), then I've just been playing the PS+ collection, of the games I never got around to trying.  Trying to get through Persona 5, right now.  Such a long game.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

That's what I've been doing.  The only PS5 game I have is 2k (unless you count Ghost of Tsushima), then I've just been playing the PS+ collection, of the games I never got around to trying.  Trying to get through Persona 5, right now.  Such a long game.  

AC Valhalla is probably the longest game I’ve played since Skyrim or Witcher 3. I put 127 hours into it and bailed on the mysteries and wealths in the last 3 areas despite getting them all the whole game. So it probably would’ve ended up around 140-160 hrs if I’d stuck with the completionist run 

I think really the only problem I have with the game so far is the pervasive annoying voice acting across the board and character designs pretty much all feel like Sex Pistols meet tumblr. 

I generally enjoy British accents but they’re all so obnoxiously bad in this game like a cockney chicken gargling glass

You have to follow behind the big boss bad lady’s car and not be detected while downloading her info but I instead am just hovering above her undetected on a drone and making the bus in front of her stop moving and she’s crashed her car into it 8 times now. I’m dying over here lmao 

that’s a wrap on Watch Dogs Legion. I went in with low expectations and I liked it more than I expected to but still kinda feel underwhelmed by it. I’d give it a 7/10

Watch Dogs: 8.0

Watch Dogs 2: 8.5

Watch Dogs Legion 7.0

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I typed up half a new thread post making a gaming thread for myself before realizing I’d already done it before. I even referenced 43 having his own thread in both of them lol. Good job, me. 

I just finished Medium. Went in with low expectations; it was a free ps+ game. I was expecting a forgettable, pinnacle of average game but actually enjoyed it. It’s largely a puzzle solving game with some slim stealth element, totally narrative driven. The first half didn’t pull me in and I was paying fractional attention but the second half, in particular the intro of her dad’s character, was pretty decent.

Spoiler

The ending felt a little half cocked, the main character offs herself so the big demon monster can’t use her medium powers to wreak havoc on the world, but it doesn’t stop the demon monster from existing and trying it again with another medium, if others have the power.

I’d say my favorite off the wall gameplay mechanic/concept for this was the lack of combat. I liked that it wasn’t an idiotic guns blasting, ki blast shooting demon nightmare, but rather a hold your breath and do your stuff while the danger lurks close by. Least favorite aspects would be the load times for sure. When you die or fail, it takes about 30 seconds to respawn which is almost unconscionable in this day and age with the power of current gen. Also wasn’t totally clear on your objective at times, so there were a couple times when I just continued on a potentially pointless task in hopes that it would end with me doing the right thing (which was usually the case). The game doesn’t necessarily revolve around scavenging but picking up collectibles is a significant part gameplay. Some is necessary to continue the story, some is necessary to flesh out the plot. I was slightly worried about the weirdness element in it since horror games often devolve into an incomprehensible mess that doesn’t even make sense anymore but it kept its integrity throughout while retaining the supernatural world element.

I liked it for what it was and wouldn’t mind another iteration

• Like 2

First 15 min impression: actually kinda blown away. The story pulls you in quick, explains the year 5 entry. The world is beautiful. I’m excited to be a wizard. My only complaint from the get go since I always complain about something is the gold you get is just seemingly random. Would’ve been waaaay cooler if you collected galleons, knuts, and sickles and not just random gold currency. 

• Like 1

Sebastian Sallow is pretty desperate to not socialize at this initial socialization party. A couple conversation prompts just lead him to say “that’s a conversation for another time” lol. You’re just sitting there bro. Why not just tell me. 

Imelda Reyes is pure vanity and hubris. I flattered her to not make an early enemy but the second I learn the unforgivable curses her days are numbered. 

Ominis Gaunt is a pretty cool name. Isn’t gaunt the voldemort maternal name? He doesn’t believe in blood preference like his ancestors so I instantly am not going to vibe well with him. I made my character a Malfoy, for the record. Expect vanity and hubris. 

The British voice actors are decent enough. I can’t wrap my head around how bad they were for Watch Dogs Legion (it got to the point I hated whenever any character even talked). No horrendous Cockney accents thus far. 

It was only a matter of time until I made my character wear nothing but undergarments. 

Edited by Ty21

On 1/12/2021 at 12:01 PM, Ty21 said:

AC Valhalla is probably the longest game I’ve played since Skyrim or Witcher 3. I put 127 hours into it and bailed on the mysteries and wealths in the last 3 areas despite getting them all the whole game. So it probably would’ve ended up around 140-160 hrs if I’d stuck with the completionist run 

this reminds me, I never did finish Valhalla. I made the mistake of playing Odyssey and Valhalla back to back and got burnt out.  

Definitely plan on getting into Hogwarts Legacy.

• Like 1