Talk to me about Wade Phillips

big_palooka

Forget your question for a second 

If you are wade, and you are over 70, why the **** would you even consider going to a place like Vegas where they have basically zero quality talent on defense?? 

Honestly, give me one reason why wade would want to go to Vegas. I can't think of one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, N4L said:

If you are wade, and you are over 70, why the **** would you even consider going to a place like Vegas where they have basically zero quality talent on defense?? 

Honestly, give me one reason why wade would want to go to Vegas. I can't think of one. 

Tax?

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Raider fans are clamoring for Wade Phillips to be their next defensive coordinator. Should they be? 

I know he's had a lot of success in his career. But never seems to keep a job past 3 years. Can he mold a defense that his little overall talent? 

Seems everyone he goes has immediate improvement... then gradual decline.

Don’t think Wade’s an immediate fit for what the Raiders have on defense. I mean, they don’t have a ton, so you could argue any fit might seem a little rough until they add some talent, but I don’t see it right away. 

He’s going to one-gap, he’s going to blitz a few of his backers, and he’s going to play man coverage in the back. Asks a lot from his safeties. Relies on a good coverage backer. 

Hurst and Littleton seem like immediate fits, but the rest of the front don’t seem like immediate fits IMO. Not really sure how the Raiders CBs play and I know the safeties leave a lot to be desired.

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I agree wholeheartedly. I don't understand why any reputable coach would take the job given the complete void of talent and lopsided nature in which the team spends to support Gruden's offense.

That said, Wade reportedly is interested: https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-call-on-marinelli-for-short-term-phillips-interested-in-long-term-2218809/

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Don’t think Wade’s an immediate fit for what the Raiders have on defense. I mean, they don’t have a ton, so you could argue any fit might seem a little rough until they add some talent, but I don’t see it right away. 

He’s going to one-gap, he’s going to blitz a few of his backers, and he’s going to play man coverage in the back. Asks a lot from his safeties. Relies on a good coverage backer. 

Hurst and Littleton seem like immediate fits, but the rest of the front don’t seem like immediate fits IMO. Not really sure how the Raiders CBs play and I know the safeties leave a lot to be desired.

Arnette and Mullen are press man corners. That's their best fit. They need to overhaul the safety position as they have nothing there.

Hurst is a talented player who currently gets <50% snaps in games which makes no sense to any of us. Littleton has been a lost man in the current scheme.