Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie potentially available?

titans0021

16 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Probably willing to trade him. How terrible is he these days?

Thought about this too... Come on home DRC. :)

Might just cut him out right.  No coming back from this I would think. Sounds like the "altercation" they had might have gotten physical.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Agcott, the Giants mod, says that he's actually been pretty solid. I'm immediately interested.

In the games I have been watching he has played more safety. Apple and the other young guy are the outside corners.

4 minutes ago, lamont said:

In the games I have been watching he has played more safety. Apple and the other young guy are the outside corners.

Yeah, that was mentioned as some of the frustration. He's being moved around to give the younger guys more time. Granted, it also sounds that McAdoo is just losing the locker room.

40 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

But if DRC is playing well and wasn't being an issue elsewhere why on earth would he ever be inactive?

My guess would be that a team that is 0-5 with young corners probably doesn't have a lot of use for the 32 year old that's probably gone after this season regardless. Though that may be optimistic.

On 10/12/2017 at 12:48 AM, titans0021 said:

My guess would be that a team that is 0-5 with young corners probably doesn't have a lot of use for the 32 year old that's probably gone after this season regardless. Though that may be optimistic.

No, they have plenty of use for him. Giants have Jenkins, Apple and Cockrell, basically at CB. Jenkins is solid and a true #1 CB but he already missed time because of injuries this year, and other than that Apple has struggled so far much worse than he did last year and it got to a point where he was benched to start the game against the Chargers, and Cockrell is only a short term depth player at best. They have a youngster in Michael Hunter who received some praise for his play in TC, but saw basically no action so far this year. They should have plenty of use for him, being a half-Giants fan, my guess would be that McAdoo knows he's on the hot seat and his time in New York is limited and is trying to shake things up wherever he can to maybe spark something. It just happened that DRC supposedly snapped at a bad time. It's unclear of what he actually did to get the suspension, but I guess bottom line would be that he's a proven veteran who for as long as he's been in New York has played at a high level. He adjusted to the slot position last year when Apple has handed the outside role, and played very very well there. He moved to the outside whenever he had to replace Apple who was being benched or missed time last year, and proved his worth there as well. He saw some time at FS this year, it's not completely clear to me why, but they have been trying it since the preseason. If they end up letting him go, which the Giants fan in me think would be a pretty big mistake, I would gladly bring him in. Only negative I can see it that he's been an often banged up-by-injuries kind of player these last few years.

Archived