What's the worst ever Super Bowl performance by a team?

notthatbluestuff

You could point to a lot of blowouts but I have to wonder if those results weren't exactly unexpected in many cases. A lot of those times, the losing side was very clearly overmatched and weren't expected to win - is that fair to say? You could point to stuff like 2018 Rams, but at least they played really well defensively. With all this in mind, I have to nominate the 2013 Broncos. That was just total domination by Seattle, and it certainly didn't seem like it was going to happen beforehand. 

What say you?

12 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I watched the 2013 Broncos start to finish and goddamn was it miserable.

I turned it off after Harvin returned the kickoff for a TD out of halftime. That game was a disaster start to finish. I believe the first snap of the game was thrown over Peytons head and it was just all down hill from there.

• Like 1

My lifetime: 2013 Broncos

History:

1) 2013 Broncos (I mean those 8 points were basically garbage time...)

2) 1989 Broncos (yikes)

I had no idea Broncos have the Top 2 before writing this right now....

3) 2000 Giants

4) 1985 Patriots

5) 1987 Broncos

6) 1983 Redskins

7) 1992 Bills

8 ) 1994 Chargers

9) 2002 Raiders

10) 1976 Vikings

HM: 1998 Falcons

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

Worst Offensive Performance of All Time: 2018 Rams

Can’t put them in a Top 10 Overall Performance List because their defense balled. However, McVay hilariously got out coached by Bellichick like class was in session, for the entire 60 minutes... and Goff looked like he shouldn’t be an NFL QB and legit had no idea what was going on for all 60 minutes. 

Edited by BayRaider

Other than the listed ones already, the Colts losing SB 3 to the Jets gotta count for something.
The Jets were massive underdogs. NFL's Colts were coached by Don Shula, and the AFL Jets were coached by the guy Shula replaced. The previous 2 post-merger SBs the Vince Lombardi Packers smoked the Chiefs and Raiders. The AFL wasn't respected and only had 10 teams to the NFL's 16, the path to playoffs is easier for AFL (Colts Steelers and Browns eventually swapped to the AFC to make it 13 v. 13, but at the time AFL wasn't a serious thing other than the money they threw at guys to force a conversation of if the two leagues were even near equals -- and Joe Namath was -the- guy that got the fat contract out of Alabama). Johnny Unitas was the superstar of football in general, sure he got hurt and didn't play most of the year, but he was healthy for the game when he was needed. The Colts were the #2 offense and #1 defense (and even was tied as #1 defense all-time at the time). The Colts scored 402 points and gave up 144. That's insanity. Comparing to a Colts team we saw in our lifetimes, the 2006 Colts who won the SB scored 427 points and gave up 360. Shula's undefeated 1972 Dolphins a couple years later had 385 for and 171 against. That Superbowl 3 Colts team is so unbelievably favored it's insane, and the Jets won 16 to 7.

• Like 1

2013 Broncos.

The Defense looked completely unprepared and that was probably the most confused I have ever seen Peyton be in a game. You know the game is going downhill for yourselves when you start the game off on the first play with a botched snap leading to a Safety.

Edited by RUGmen