I hope the CFP committee realizes soon...

pf9

...that playing their title games in either the Sun Belt or in covered Northern stadiums has become too cliched

We need more title games in uncovered Northern stadiums

The NFL regularly stages pre-Super Bowl playoff rounds in cold-weather venues, and they used to do it for pre-merger title games as well. Games like the Ice Bowl (1967 Dallas at Green Bay), Freezer Bowl (1981 San Diego at Cincinnati), and the Tuck Rule Game (2001 Oakland at New England) are famous for a reason - they were played in the harshest of conditions.

I feel that since Super Bowl 48 was successful, more Super Bowls in uncovered stadiums up north (especially the homes of popular teams like the Packers, Steelers, and Patriots) should be played.

And don't give me the "they only played it there because it's NYC" crap. To paraphrase Frank Sinatra, "if they can play it there, they can play it anywhere".

2 minutes ago, pf9 said:

...that playing their title games in either the Sun Belt or in covered Northern stadiums has become too cliched

We need more title games in uncovered Northern stadiums

The NFL regularly stages pre-Super Bowl playoff rounds in cold-weather venues, and they used to do it for pre-merger title games as well. Games like the Ice Bowl (1967 Dallas at Green Bay), Freezer Bowl (1981 San Diego at Cincinnati), and the Tuck Rule Game (2001 Oakland at New England) are famous for a reason - they were played in the harshest of conditions.

I feel that since Super Bowl 48 was successful, more Super Bowls in uncovered stadiums up north (especially the homes of popular teams like the Packers, Steelers, and Patriots) should be played.

And don't give me the "they only played it there because it's NYC" crap. To paraphrase Frank Sinatra, "if they can play it there, they can play it anywhere".

What you are missing is the surrounding week+ long events that are not the game.  There is a huge convention and party atmosphere that the sponsors and corporations want in nicer weather venues.  You as the common fan just don't have the purchasing power to drive the change you as seeking. 

• Like 5

No, too expensive plus there isn't one in First Energy Stadium (though there should be, given it will be at least another year before the Browns finally host a playoff game there, something I feel should require only finishing with one of the top 4 records in the conference without regard to division standings)

8 minutes ago, pf9 said:

No, too expensive plus there isn't one in First Energy Stadium (though there should be, given it will be at least another year before the Browns finally host a playoff game there, something I feel should require only finishing with one of the top 4 records in the conference without regard to division standings)

Are you watching the Rose Bowl in your house /apartment or outside?

house

just because I prefer cold weather games doesn't mean I'd actually attend them - I just feel cold weather football games have a better chance becoming part of football lore than those played in warm weather or indoors

The 66 and 67 title games in the NFL both had the Packers beat the Cowboys - but the 66 title game is not nearly as famous as the one after. You know why? The 66 game was played in warm weather in Dallas. The 67 game was the Ice Bowl in Green Bay.

5 minutes ago, pf9 said:

house

just because I prefer cold weather games doesn't mean I'd actually attend them - I just feel cold weather football games have a better chance becoming part of football lore than those played in warm weather or indoors

The 66 and 67 title games in the NFL both had the Packers beat the Cowboys - but the 66 title game is not nearly as famous as the one after. You know why? The 66 game was played in warm weather in Dallas. The 67 game was the Ice Bowl in Green Bay.

So you want others to play in and pay to attend a cold weather game that wouldn't actually attend yourself?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nobody wants to pay good money to freeze their butts off on vacation. They want to go somewhere it's nice out.

But the lore of the potential for the game to be remembered by some random poster on a football discussion forum, that wouldn't actually attend the game, but just complain about it.

How can you be against that?

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I just feel cold weather football games have a better chance becoming part of football lore than those played in warm weather or indoors

the most memorable play in college football history happened in 60 degree weather on the last day of november in alabama

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

the most memorable play in college football history happened in 60 degree weather on the last day of november in alabama

Then Alabama got schooled by Oklahoma (as ND did earlier in the year)

Ironically, I believe OU and Oklahoma State will join the SEC, setting off the next realignment cycle, sending Alabama and Auburn to the SEC East and Missouri to the SEC West.

That means Alabama - or Auburn - could potentially play the Sooners for the SEC title.