I hope the CFP committee realizes soon...

pf9

48 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I don't think adding the 28th most populous state to the SEC does much from a TV revenue perspective.

It does when you consider how big the two schools are in marketability

42 minutes ago, pf9 said:

furthermore, OU proved they can hang with the best of the SEC in the Cotton Bowl

they beat the SEC runner up

they should win a West Division title quickly upon entering the SEC

Doesn't the west have Alabama... pretty sure they won't be winning the division title anytime soon if that were to happen.

39 minutes ago, Raves said:

Doesn't the west have Alabama... pretty sure they won't be winning the division title anytime soon if that were to happen.

Under my proposal, when OU and OK State join the SEC West, Alabama and Auburn would have to move to the East, and Missouri to the West, in order to keep the divisions balanced, and it also makes them geographically correct - the East would have the ETZ and three easternmost CTZ schools, and the West the remaining CTZ schools

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

Under my proposal, when OU and OK State join the SEC West, Alabama and Auburn would have to move to the East, and Missouri to the West, in order to keep the divisions balanced, and it also makes them geographically correct - the East would have the ETZ and three easternmost CTZ schools, and the West the remaining CTZ schools

Why benefit would Oklahoma gain by joining the SEC?

5 minutes ago, pf9 said:

They would play in a superior conference to the Big 12

There is a reason the SEC has been in every playoff, but the Big 12 has not

The SEC has Alabama,  LSU, Georgia. Florida....that is why they have made the CFP

So playing in a stronger conference and subsequently making it harder to reach the CFP is your concept of how it would benefit Oklahoma to join the SEC?

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

The SEC has Alabama,  LSU, Georgia. Florida....that is why they have made the CFP

So playing in a stronger conference and subsequently making it harder to reach the CFP is your concept of how it would benefit Oklahoma to join the SEC?

ah since the CFP era Florida has been such an overrated program. SEC was very down this year IMO