The Witcher Mafia - Game Over! Toussaint wins! SirA1 rules The Continent!!

Whicker

28 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Obviously.

Because it's just awful play.

How? Explain it?  Explain how a non town indy with a wincon of surviving to the end of the game would be smart to risk death instead of making sure the only way they could die was via the lynch.  Anyone doing anything else is an idiot lol.  

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

I was self protecting until endgame lol.   Why would I do anything other than that.  Why would anyone in their right mind do anything other than that? 

I mean, town basically won black sails because I was protecting other people

What I don't get was @Pickle Rick playing against me the night I died. That was a weird play by you. It legitimately served no function. I was already outed and admitted as orange, I spoke my peace to actually help town with the little sliver of info I had... and you ostensibly just called me a liar multiple times at the top of your lungs (only to be wrong of course) for no real reason. It was always going to be me that day and your whole dog and pony show was completely unnecessary and just cast you in a poor light in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

What I don't get was @Pickle Rick playing against me the night I died. That was a weird play by you. It legitimately served no function. I was already outed and admitted as orange, I spoke my peace to actually help town with the little sliver of info I had... and you ostensibly just called me a liar multiple times at the top of your lungs (only to be wrong of course) for no real reason. It was always going to be me that day and your whole dog and pony show was completely unnecessary and just cast you in a poor light in my opinion. 

But I was correct, you were not town and they had to believe I was the town protector (unless smthey wanted to believe their was no town protector)

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

But I was correct, you were not town and they had to believe I was the town protector (unless smthey wanted to believe their was no town protector)

I literally had already admitted I wasn't town and said I was orange...and even explained what happened. All I was saying was that I wasn't a king...which...you know...I wasn't. I felt it put heat on you unnecessarily and you brought that on yourself. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Orca said:

@Blue i blame you even though we had it pegged on N1 🤣😅

Look, the gifts did exactly what I said they would. Let the record show I did not kill anyone this game. At most you can say I participated in assisted suicide. :)

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

Also, did I not make it obvious enough that I was Geralt? I lol’d every time someone guess that Blue was Geralt 

Yeah, you did. I think I pointed that out a couple times. No idea why anyone thought Geralt was handing out gifts and couldn't be targeted at Night.

1 hour ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Also, is the show the Witcher worth watching?  Or reading?  Seems like there are multiple eras or stories or something. 

The show is fantastic, but there's a lot of jumping back and forth between present day and the past that doesn't fully make sense until the final couple episodes. Basically, just assume the Geralt and Ciri stories aren't connected until the show tells you otherwise.

@Whicker Apart from the Gaunter role, I think you could re-run this as an open setup game and people would still have a lot of fun with it. Really well-designed, perhaps the Emperor should have been a revealed role at game start if you were going to make him so important to setup, but really well done.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue said:

@Whicker Apart from the Gaunter role, I think you could re-run this as an open setup game and people would still have a lot of fun with it. Really well-designed, perhaps the Emperor should have been a revealed role at game start if you were going to make him so important to setup, but really well done.

Giving him a one shot gov would work too.

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

Also, did I not make it obvious enough that I was Geralt? I lol’d every time someone guess that Blue was Geralt 

AH missed this. Any particular reason you did it this way? Probably the first game of mafia I've ever been in that the main character wasn't in the game, so yeah, that was an expectation.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Look, the gifts did exactly what I said they would. Let the record show I did not kill anyone this game. At most you can say I participated in assisted suicide. :)

Yeah, you did. I think I pointed that out a couple times. No idea why anyone thought Geralt was handing out gifts and couldn't be targeted at Night.

The show is fantastic, but there's a lot of jumping back and forth between present day and the past that doesn't fully make sense until the final couple episodes. Basically, just assume the Geralt and Ciri stories aren't connected until the show tells you otherwise.

I'd like to think of it as, I participated in my own murder 🤔 

The thought at the time was I had to die for town to win. We didn't know that it didn't matter or that someone else took the thrown. It was worth the risk to see if we actually got something 

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

AH missed this. Any particular reason you did it this way? Probably the first game of mafia I've ever been in that the main character wasn't in the game, so yeah, that was an expectation.

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Was more wondering why you did it that way.

In the lore, Geralt is a neutral observer to politics for the most part. When I became inspired by the empire part of this game, I felt that telling the story through the perspective of Geralt’s journal was a good way to tell it naturally 

Also, I like making big characters cover roles or otherwise not in the game. It keeps people guessing. Counselor never claimed Triss or else I’m sure someone would have “cleared” him based on his character

Edited by Whicker
  • Like 2