Kamara placed on COVID list

tyler735

Well this sucks. He might miss the 1st playoff game as well as this final game. Unfortunate for Kamara, hope he has a mild case and smooth recovery. Bummer that he easily could have made a push for Offensive Player of the Year with a big week this week. If he misses the playoffs, we might be looking at another quick exit from the playoffs this year. 

40 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

But as long as oline plays well, Latavious will get the job done.

Yeah, about that...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/02/saints-backup-running-backs-out-sunday-as-close-contacts-with-alvin-kamara/

We officially have no running backs available for tomorrow. Maybe Taysom can just, you know, not fumble? 🤔😡

I believe we still have Ty Montgomery, which honestly should be fine for week 17. Sounds like Kamara could potentially play the 1st playoff game if we either get #1 seed and have a bye or get scheduled to play Sunday next week (but not Saturday), so it may not be a complete disaster if we get some luck from the NFL scheduling gods.

1 hour ago, nolaexpat said:

Yeah, about that...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/02/saints-backup-running-backs-out-sunday-as-close-contacts-with-alvin-kamara/

We officially have no running backs available for tomorrow. Maybe Taysom can just, you know, not fumble? 🤔😡

I was afraid of some close contact stuff.  Oh well, if can't beat the Panthers anyway, we're in trouble.

More serious is the wildcard game.  But if the oline plays well, we still have a shot.  IMO, RB is the position most affected by oline play.  Even more so than QB, because a bad QB is largely bad regardless, while a bad RB can still get us at least in 3rd and shorts behind a great oline.  

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I was afraid of some close contact stuff.  Oh well, if can't beat the Panthers anyway, we're in trouble.

More serious is the wildcard game.  But if the oline plays well, we still have a shot.  IMO, RB is the position most affected by oline play.  Even more so than QB, because a bad QB is largely bad regardless, while a bad RB can still get us at least in 3rd and shorts behind a great oline.  

Been saying all year to people around me... Covid will determine this years champions. Star players will miss playoff games and even the Superbowl.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Been saying all year to people around me... Covid will determine this years champions. Star players will miss playoff games and even the Superbowl.

If you're a playoff team at this point, I think you're going into a full on bubble (like the NBA did) until you are eliminated, or win the whole thing, whichever comes first.

Honestly, I don't know why they wouldn't at this point.