Bears (8-7) vs Packers (12-3) - GDT

topwop1

It could happen. I wouldn't bet on it...but the Bears have been on a roll, of sorts. Other than the Bears have momentum, and motivation, there really aren't many other reasons to think they'd have any sort of chance against the Packers. The Pack doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. 

20 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It could happen. I wouldn't bet on it...but the Bears have been on a roll, of sorts. Other than the Bears have momentum, and motivation, there really aren't many other reasons to think they'd have any sort of chance against the Packers. The Pack doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. 

They just lost their LT Bakhtiari for the year. That guy is always a pain for our pass rush. He's one of the better tackles in the league so I view this as huge plus for improving Bears chance of winning because aside from probably needing to score 30+ points for the 5th consecutive game they will need to get after Rodgers all game long.

This tell us alot more about the coaching staff and whether or not they have actually turned over a new leaf or if these last few weeks were just polished turds. 

First and foremost, run the damn ball!!!   This will help limit mistakes in the pass game, keep Rodgers off the field, and take advantage of the Packers mediocre defense.  (*50 throws incoming)

The defense need to be at it's best to win this game.  The absence of both JJ and Skrine have been noticeable and neither are a go. Akiem will play, so that's huge.   With Bahktiari being out, this would be a good time for Quinn to show up and start earning his pay check. 

Saying how meaningful this game is an understatement.  Mitch could literally be playing for millions of dollars and for other peoples jobs over the next week or so. 

One of the things that I'll be watching closely is Mitch's play and confidence.   Not only because the game will be dependent on it but more because one of Mitch's biggest flaws has always been mental, especially in pressure situations, and this game and possible playoff game(s), are going to be a big deciding factor for his career moving forward into the offseason.  It's going to be huge for him to say the least. 

It's always been really hard for him to bounce back mentally when the pressure is on and/or he is having a bad game, or coming off a bad game, and the amount of pressure and expectations that is on him right now going into this game are undeniably the most pressure he has faced in his entire football career. 

Alot of heads may roll if the Bears lose this game, especially if we don't make the playoffs at all (Cards beat the Rams).   Needless to say, this game will be under McCaskey's microscope after the embarrassing loss against the Packers earlier in the season  (limited practice due to C19 or not). 

So Mitch performance is not only going to be a deciding factor for his future but for others within the organization as well.  

Now, in the event the Bears lose and Mitch has a bad game but the Bears still make the playoffs, I will be watching extra closely how Mitch responds in the playoff game.  Is he capable of putting the terrible GB game behind him fast enough to get to work so he can play well in the next game and carry the team to a playoff win?   Or will he be mentally crushed due to the pressure and fold like he has done these last 3 years? 

Other teams are going to be looking closely at this too just in case he hits the FA market.  This will tell him alot on whether he has truly started to overcome that adversity and whether he is worth developing and investing in the future.  Or is this still the same old Mitch and these last 5 games were nothing more than just a facade. 

21 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

30-24Packers it's been fun but I still don't buy bears o.  

Thinking about smoking a brisket.

Actually, screw you buddy, Bears 27-24. Changed my mind. Also just made a brined pulled pork, so I'm full of contradictions.  I think miraculously the Bears get a lead early and Pagano shows a little aggression.  Rodgers gets taken out of the game for a big after a scary hit, but even though he comes back he's unable to stomp the Bears this time. 

What's your drink today?  Trying out Beer for Tacos (lime beer?) and Asahis

• Like 2