Jump to content

Bears (8-7) vs Packers (12-3) - GDT


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This defense isn’t good enough to beat MVP Rodgers.

You think he's going to win MVP again? I don't know how to handicap that race. Rodgers would certainly be deserving...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You think he's going to win MVP again? I don't know how to handicap that race. Rodgers would certainly be deserving...

I don’t know if he gets it, but we don’t beat Rodgers when he is playing like this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I say we bunch everyone on the right side and blitz the left tackle spot every play since Bahktiaris out. Sure, having no one cover anyone may be a liability and may lead to several quick packer scores but Rodgers will be hit more times today than David Montgomery has before getting to the line of scrimmage this season.  

Edited by Ty21
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm torn on Rodgers winning MVP.  On one hand I want him to win it b/c MVPs don't win the SB. But on the other hand if he does win it then it means we almost certainly lose this game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I don’t know if he gets it, but we don’t beat Rodgers when he is playing like this.

Oh, totally agree with that. Rodgers has taken the lead in the MVP race, according to Vegas, and the various sports books. I'm not sure the new golden boy (Mahommes) won't repeat, simply by virtue of his newness. You'd have to think Josh Allen and Tom Brady have outside chances, too. 

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I say we bunch everyone on the right side and blitz the left tackle spot every play since Bahktiaris out. Sure, having no one cover anyone may be a liability and may lead to several quick packer scores but Rodgers will be hit more times today than David Montgomery has before getting to the line of scrimmage this season.  

d95.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Far exceeded my expectations.  I hope he ends the regular season with 10Tds.

400 yards was approximately what I was expecting lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Far exceeded my expectations.  I hope he ends the regular season with 10Tds.

I penned a question, within the first 3 weeks of the season, (maybe even after the detroit game) - "would you be satisfied if Jimmy Graham only had 200 yards receiving but [double digit] TDs" - and the overall response was, "yes"

he's accomplishing what he was brought in here for - score tuddy's in the RZ, which he has done. additionally, by all accounts, he has been a great mentor for kmet. if even at 1 season with the team he has a big, positive influence on a guy who should be one of our top playmakers/weapons on the team for the next 8-10 years, then the money spent for 1 season of JG80 will be more than worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

400 yards was approximately what I was expecting lol. 

About the same here. 400 yards and a handful of TDs from fades in the redzone. I never would have guessed he'd be at about 80 targets by season's end. lol

 

He has been better than I expected, but should be a role player. His inefficiency isn't as much on him as Nagy.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

About the same here. 400 yards and a handful of TDs from fades in the redzone. I never would have guessed he'd be at about 80 targets by season's end. lol

 

He has been better than I expected, but should be a role player. His inefficiency isn't as much on him as Nagy.

 

Pretty much. 

Speaking of Nagy, I've suspected that Nagy still had control of the offense/play-calling despite "giving" them to Lazor and this was all but confirmed earlier today.  It makes sense too and explains why we still see the occasional WTF plays that has Nagy's name written all over them.

This from Rap too so...take it with a grain of salt.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, going with my final gut feeling of


Packers - 31

Bears - 28

 

Bears and GB both have one missed FG. GB wins with a TD in the final 4 mins of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...