Bears (8-7) vs Packers (12-3) - GDT

topwop1

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Bears D contained Kamara for 1 half the last time but that was with a full deck. Now we most likely will be missing our best defensive player (Quan) and possibly still without Skrine and JJ. 

Kamara entirely missed the 2019 game and the Bears got hammered

I don't have high hopes for Sunday :(

Edited by beardown3231

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Kamara entirely missed the 2019 game and the Bears got hammered

I don't have high hopes for Sunday :(

He played the entire game earlier this year and the Bears had the league in the 4th, w/Nick Foles running the Matt Nagy vanity project. Not saying I expect a win, just that as I keep saying the Bears got in the dance, that's all you can ask for.  And WC weekend is usually full of upsets.

18 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He played the entire game earlier this year and the Bears had the league in the 4th, w/Nick Foles running the Matt Nagy vanity project. Not saying I expect a win, just that as I keep saying the Bears got in the dance, that's all you can ask for.  And WC weekend is usually full of upsets.

The Saints have continuously choked in the playoffs the past few years so there is always a chance for an upset, especially considering there won't be many if any fans at the game in these playoffs.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I just don’t know what we are going to do at QB.

We have no actual future at the most important position.

I will take the playoff appearance, but this feels like a one and done more than a sustainable/competitive situation.

Personally I don't think they will go into next season with Mitch as their QB, especially if the talk of Pace being on shaky ground is true.

Like others have said he is decent at slaying bum defenses but whenever he has to play a fairly good team in a high pressure situation he comes up short.  Not sure you want to invest big dollars into that going forward.

Unless Mitch wants to sign a 1-year deal for less than $10M then I'm thinking I'd rather them trade a mid-round pick for a QB like Darnold who will come at a $9.8M cap hit in 2021.

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I just don’t know what we are going to do at QB.

We have no actual future at the most important position.

I will take the playoff appearance, but this feels like a one and done more than a sustainable/competitive situation.

We are most likely not going to make the playoffs next year either. We really screwed this up by drafting Mitch instead of Watson or Mahomes. It's a franchise killing decision. 

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

since we're all aware we most likely lose on sunday, we should all be rooting for WTF to beat the bucs to bump us one spot in the draft order. it would be important if both teams are looking for a new LT

I want Tampa to beat Washington because I believe Tampa is best suited to go to Lambeau and beat Green Bay. To hell with 1 spot in the draft order, especially with the way this genius drafts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

since we're all aware we most likely lose on sunday, we should all be rooting for WTF to beat the bucs to bump us one spot in the draft order. it would be important if both teams are looking for a new LT

Not me.  Draft pick be damned I have a future bet on the Bucs to win it all so I'll be rooting for them hard this playoffs unless it's against our Bears. 

I would love for nothing more than for Tompa to go up to GB and eliminate those cocky ****.

Random thoughts on game:

Packers as a team are not that much more talented than Bears.   Difference is Rodgers is an elite QB playing like an elite QB for first time in years.

When Packers scored TDs on first 3 drives I knew it was over.   Bears can't play in shoot out from behind.

Mooney is my current favorite Bears player.   What a 5th round draft pick.   Only question is whether he can physically hold up in NFL being so slight.  

Our defense has been hugely disappointing this year.    But Johnson was a nice surprise.   Wonder if shoulder thing is never going to end though.   I think Goldman the player isn't all world, but his missing from middle of defense and providing quality big man depth was a huge issue Bears never recovered from.

I think the idea of Mack and Quinn was something, but I think neither one has been 100% this year.   Bears would have been better up shoring up the O line in FA than breaking bank on Quinn.   

Why didn't Bears call timeout when they saw Trevathan was covering Packers fastest WR one on one with no help?   I was watching in fast mode and knew it was TD pre snap.   You think Rodgers didn't know it?  Of course he did.   A 10 year old QB would have known it.   You can blame Pagano, who probably isn't even allowed to call timeouts, but HC has to be paying attention to game and see that.   Heck Trevathan should have called TO.   I am not even kidding.    That was an inexcusable mistake in match ups and formation.   Bush league.  

I don't really care what happens in playoffs and didn't before this game.   Bears are clearly not a SB contender.   Even if everyone dropped dead in front of them by a series of unfortunate events the AFC winner would crush them.

• Like 3

So this game. Woof. 

The execution of the gameplan sucked, that's what really got to me yesterday afternoon. If you want to dink and dunk to control the clock, that's fine. I honestly get the approach. But take a shot once per quarter then if that is the approach. To continually go short, short, short you are sucking up all the linebackers and safeties so you have no running lanes for Montgomery or even Trubisky. That, to me, is just stupid play-calling.

I hated that 4th and 1 garbage to Robinson as well, but I can at least understand going for it there. Would have preferred running it down their throat if our identity has morphed into a running team. Just doesn't make sense to me, feels like a hodge-podge of ideas with no real consistency. It's as if there is a major disconnect between what Nagy wants to do and what his QBs can do. We saw it early on with Mitch, we saw it with Foles, and I fear that we're now seeing it again with Trubisky. He needs to just get the F out of the way (if the rumblings are true that he has been playing a greater role in game planning and play calling lately).

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Why didn't Bears call timeout when they saw Trevathan was covering Packers fastest WR one on one with no help?   I was watching in fast mode and knew it was TD pre snap.   You think Rodgers didn't know it?  Of course he did.   A 10 year old QB would have known it.   You can blame Pagano, who probably isn't even allowed to call timeouts, but HC has to be paying attention to game and see that.   Heck Trevathan should have called TO.   I am not even kidding.    That was an inexcusable mistake in match ups and formation.   Bush league. 

It had to be part of what ever game plan they came up with because it kept happening through out the game with Green Bay exploiting it and the Bears not doing anything different with it.

6 hours ago, G08 said:

So this game. Woof. 

The execution of the gameplan sucked, that's what really got to me yesterday afternoon. If you want to dink and dunk to control the clock, that's fine. I honestly get the approach. But take a shot once per quarter then if that is the approach. To continually go short, short, short you are sucking up all the linebackers and safeties so you have no running lanes for Montgomery or even Trubisky. That, to me, is just stupid play-calling.

I hated that 4th and 1 garbage to Robinson as well, but I can at least understand going for it there. Would have preferred running it down their throat if our identity has morphed into a running team. Just doesn't make sense to me, feels like a hodge-podge of ideas with no real consistency. It's as if there is a major disconnect between what Nagy wants to do and what his QBs can do. We saw it early on with Mitch, we saw it with Foles, and I fear that we're now seeing it again with Trubisky. He needs to just get the F out of the way (if the rumblings are true that he has been playing a greater role in game planning and play calling lately).

I think that is called the Tebow Time approach. 

Graham went out there with zero intention of getting the ball. That's inexcusable because he didnt even do a pick, he just tried to kind of get the boundary CB out of ARob's way. Idk if that was him being stupid or terrible play design though, but I'm leaning toward the latter. Someone also mentioned Miller but idk where he was or what route he was doing tbh. 

If you're going to have a one read play, everyone else is either blocking or helping get him open, not just letting him run a predetermined route and hope he wins. 

I have no faith in Nagy calling plays or running an offense so he is still expendable to me even though I'm confident he stays next year.