Has Trevor Lawrence Peaked?

RuskieTitan

Has Trevor Lawrence Peaked in his football career?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Has Trevor Lawrence Peaked in his football career?

• Yes
    • No

Trevor Lawrence has been the Clemson starting quarterback from 2018 - 2020. His freshman season, he won the National Championship. As a sophomore, he lost in the National Championship. Now as a junior, he lost in the Semi-final for the National Championship. Each season has seen Lawrence fall short of the prior season. Is there concern that Lawrence has already peaked in his football career?

Discuss.

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Why can’t we see the votes so people can eat their words later?

Rather than cultivate a culture of harassment and ridicule, I decided to make the poll anonymous, so that people wouldn't feel forced to vote with the collective majority and create bias in the poll. As such, I hope we can see a more authentic portrayal of people's opinions on the matter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

What does this even mean?

Vince Young put on arguably the single greatest individual football performance in college against USC in the championship, yet could never come close to that same success in the NFL. He peaked in college. So the question is whether Trevor's football career has already peaked. Following the success of his freshman season, you would imagine he would build upon that and improve, yet he's not been able to do that and has indeed taken a step back each season since then in terms of where Clemson has gotten bounced.

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Rather than cultivate a culture of harassment and ridicule, I decided to make the poll anonymous, so that people wouldn't feel forced to vote with the collective majority and create bias in the poll. As such, I hope we can see a more authentic portrayal of people's opinions on the matter.

Baby Lmao GIF by swerk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Vince Young put on arguably the single greatest individual football performance in college against USC in the championship, yet could never come close to that same success in the NFL. He peaked in college. So the question is whether Trevor's football career has already peaked. Following the success of his freshman season, you would imagine he would build upon that and improve, yet he's not been able to do that and has indeed taken a step back each season since then in terms of where Clemson has gotten bounced.

So because his oline was bad, the play calling was not good, and the defense got abused them getting bounced is a reflection of him having reached his peak? Smh

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

So because his oline was bad, the play calling was not good, and the defense got abused them getting bounced is a reflection of him having reached his peak? Smh

You do realize that teams selecting near the top typically have all those problems, and aren't always able to fix them enough to win a championship with that quarterback?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

You do realize that teams selecting near the top typically have all those problems, and aren't always able to fix them enough to win a championship with that quarterback?

Yes I do. Does that mean he has peaked though? So let me understand are we talking about he has already peaked in his achievements (winning a championship at any level, meaning he won’t win a super bowl) Or he has peaked in his development? Or both? I see you said football career so it’s possible I took career to mean his overall development as a player and not accolades if that is what you are speaking about.

Hypothetically speaking, imagine if Trevor's career follows Andrew Luck's (add 5 more years on the tail end) or Philip Rivers' - in other words, never reaches or plays in a Super Bowl. Would it be farfetched to claim his football career peak happened during his college years, when he played for two championships and won one?

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Hypothetically speaking, imagine if Trevor's career follows Andrew Luck's (add 5 more years on the tail end) or Philip Rivers' - in other words, never reaches or plays in a Super Bowl. Would it be farfetched to claim his football career peak happened during his college years, when he played for two championships and won one?

Got you now. My bad man. Misunderstanding. 

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I mean I kind of think this speaks for itself. The highlight is winning a championship at whatever level you are playing for. But being picked #1, maybe winning rookie of the year, and so on could be considered continued career elevation. Now do I think he will win a Super Bowl at the next level? I need to see who they hire as HC and what they put around him in this team game.