Week 17 GDT: Ravens at Bengals - Don't Mess This Up

drd23

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

There's this-

I’ll be honest the coverage from our corners all game was absolutely next level. It was great to see. I mean, just imagine how it will look if Jimmy will be fresh enough to cover the TEs in the playoffs. Calais also looked pretty good out there today from what I saw as well. I think our run defense can definitely step up and take the challenge of Henry and I also think our DBs minus Elliot can take the challenge too with stopping those guys.

23 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It is annoying we didn't get the record. Should get it eventually though, Lamar is really F'n good...as is Dobbins.

I don’t know. I don’t think it’ll be our last 300 yds rushing number, but 400 yds is like riding the Millennium wave. It’s a definite accomplishment for this squad, just slightly annoyed that we felt short.

It reminds me of when I was in HS and the backups missed the shutout that kept us all from getting free pizza in practice the following Tuesday. Like, you’ve got 5 minutes to hold it against a terrible squad... get us some free pizza... can’t do it. 😂

EDIT: Still annoyed that we never got that free pizza. Yup, I hold a grudge, I’m competitive and the JV backups let up on 3 shutouts that final season. I still let them guys hear about it from time to time. 😂 

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

So the Titans clinched a playoff spot based on the early game results? IMO that is a horrendous job of scheduling by the NFL regarding competitive balance. Basically they are allowing TEN to pick their playoff opponent and rest players simply by scheduling their game later in the game. IND/JAX and TEN/HOU should absolutely have been scheduled in the 1pm window. 

10 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I just wanted to bump this comment. 

😂

This dude is such a loser. I hope the Bengals hold onto that loser as long as possible. I don’t care what anyone says, I think he’s just as bad as Hue Jackson. Yet we’re barely hearing a peep by the media about how trash he is. They keep giving this dude excuse after excuse too. Don’t like it. They’re acting like he inherited a 2-14 team, he inherited a 6-10 squad and has been absolutely pathetic in guiding it.

9 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Jesus, that Bengals forum is a graveyard. 

Yup. They only have like 2-3 active posters it feels like. I really want to come at one of them who questioned my Zac Taylor take and my take that the Bengals team hasn’t been won over by Taylor. Like you don’t give up 400 yards rushing because guys just suck. That’s guys being trash AND guys not completely buying in AND some guys giving up on the field.

Taylor hasn’t won over that locker room. And if it werent for them beating a mediocre (at best) Steelers squad (at this point in the season) and a Texans team that had packed it in on the season (maybe Watt calling them out will change their effort this week), than their would really be no question about this team not buying into Taylor.

But yeah, you’d think at least they would be all in one some draft prospects and such, but maybe most of them know Taylor is such a loser that it doesn’t much matter what talent they add to the squad.

I meant to post these three trash takes prior to the game, but I lost the post prior to posting and didn’t feel like putting it together again.

But 😂 I wonder how these dumb dumbs feel now. Vick was the only one of them that believe in Lamar and the Ravens.

LaVarr Arrington is just mad because Lamar is 17 wins short of passing his win total in the league after only 3 seasons in the league. I bet he’s also mad that his pathetic Steelers (he’s from Pittsburgh and has done a poor job of hiding his bias), just lost to the Browns... and will probably lose to them again in B2B games, since we didn’t get a shot at the Steelers again, that would be about my favorite result (along with the AFCS team 7th seed beating the Bills).

Anyways, clearly Cromartie thought they were discussing one of his 14 kids, one probably called Lamar Jackson and the other probably named Baltimore Ravens. Dude was one of the softest DBs in NFL history, probably why he thought the Bengals were going to be “physical” and bully our rushing attack. 😂

And Alex... I’ll forgive her. Looked like she was just trying to intentionally incite Vick so he could add a little extra to the pipe game later that night. 😂

——
Anyways... onto Tennessee. Looks like they’re going to beat the Texans after that Henry run. Texans might want to get Watson out of there though, if it’s not looking good by half time.

Shout out to Miles Boykin and Hollywood Brown guys have been in the flak zone for a bit of the season.

Marquise might be inconsistent right now but it seems that’s more when they’re trying to have too much fun. he’s pretty money on 4th down lately and he’s kind of raining tds to round out the season which is fun for the stat sheet.

I’ve grabbed a couple pitchforks this year and I think most of our inconsistency and struggles are just a young team thing. We have some serious ballers for the foreseeable future....

• Like 1