Week 17 GDT: Ravens at Bengals - Don't Mess This Up

drd23

3 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

If I remember correctly, there used to be a silly rule that if a team pulls their starting quarterback, he can’t come back into the game. Is that still in place? Wouldn’t mind seeing Huntley out there sooner rather than later, especially if we could put Lamar back in if things get dicey

That was the rule from back when there were only 43 players on the active gameday roster and teams frequently had their 3rd QB inactive.  IIRC the rule was that you could activate that 3rd QB in the middle of the game, but it would mean that the starting QB would have to be deactivated in his place so that teams couldn't use it to gain an advantage.

Pretty sure that rule went away when the active gameday roster increased by 2 many years ago

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

"Center Trystan Colon-Castillo had just 57 career snaps coming into the game, but he was excellent in both the run and pass game."

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-week-17-pff-refocused-baltimore-ravens-38-cincinnati-bengals-3

I mean it was against Cincinnati but still good to see.

Have to think there will be a lot of good blocking grades after we plowed through the Bengals for two Dobbins carries short of the record team rushing record. Love to see it!

33 minutes ago, drd23 said:

That was the rule from back when there were only 43 players on the active gameday roster and teams frequently had their 3rd QB inactive.  IIRC the rule was that you could activate that 3rd QB in the middle of the game, but it would mean that the starting QB would have to be deactivated in his place so that teams couldn't use it to gain an advantage.

Pretty sure that rule went away when the active gameday roster increased by 2 many years ago

Yeah I remembered their was a rule on it, but couldn’t remember the specifics on it. Good memory.

20 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Titans looking like exactly how you'd expect them to look. Defense is vulnerable but Henry is on absolute fire. Next weeks' gonna be a war. 

I was hoping it went to overtime with them winning. Get them as tired as possible prior to the playoffs. But yeah, this is the matchup I wanted. Revenge game. Show them why we brought Calais Campbell into the fold.

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

With how trash their D is, we should be able to do what we want. It's all about how we control 22. Also wrapping up tackles, unlike our last game with them. 

We also don’t have to worry about ET trash talking an opponent right before a huge playoff game talking about how “we do things a little different around here” then being used like a FB. 😂

Just need guys to shut up this time around and just show up on the road ready to send a message to the football world about what this team is capable of doing when clicking on all cylinders.

Last game (this season) we were without BOTH Brandon Williams and Calais Campbell and did a solid job against Henry for most of the game. With both guys back we shouldn’t necessarily have to commit quite as many men to stopping Henry and can thus keep the backside contain to stop any Tannehill keepers. Add Jimmy Smith, a healthy Averrett, and a Humphrey who isn’t dealing with the stamina effects from covid (as he was in that game) to the equation and our corners should be able to hold up well enough on an island.

This is the Football god's will. This is setting up for the revenge tour my mans @diamondbull424 was talking about. We had a two possession lead on these frauds and had another meltdown. We're finally hitting our stride and I want all the smoke. Titans win the last two meetings and all of a sudden they're considered too much to handle for the Ravens. Let's put this garbage piece to rest, in their house, primetime hours. Let's $*%*(kin' go, boys!

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Titans looking like exactly how you'd expect them to look. Defense is vulnerable but Henry is on absolute fire. Next weeks' gonna be a war. 

Either gonna be 45-42

or

Ravens blowout win 38-13.

Our defense is the worst thing this match-up has ever seen.

We are a good team with a top level offense and #! overall draft pick getting defense. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Either gonna be 45-42

or

Ravens blowout win 38-13.

Our defense is the worst thing this match-up has ever seen.

We are a good team with a top level offense and #! overall draft pick getting defense. 

The counter-jinx won’t work this time, you guys used it all up for the 1st game (unless you guys really just are that pessimistic a bunch), don’t think we don’t know what you’re up to. 😉😂

you shall not pass lord of the rings GIF

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

The counter-jinx won’t work this time, you guys used it all up for the 1st game (unless you guys really just are that pessimistic a bunch), don’t think we don’t know what you’re up to. 😉😂

you shall not pass lord of the rings GIF

Lol

Man....watching this defense all year and watching Titans/Oilers football forever. 
This is legit the worst defense I've ever seen from us.

Our only saving grace is that you guys seem to be back running the ball and we don't suck outright against run.
We have Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pass rush. So if you all decide to pass the ball 80-90% chance it will work. 

No faith in our defense at all. NONE. lol

Offense on the other hand, fully confident in. Ravens need to contain the edges and play disciplined on the play-action. 

Like I said we might score 40. But we are likely to give up 40 just the same.