Week 17 GDT: Ravens at Bengals - Don't Mess This Up

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

Looked like a good play call on that 3rd and 10 but a great play by the Bengals edge player. Maybe would have been a TD

I think it was a bad read by Lamar, if it was a read at all. Great play by Hubbard, but Justice Hill had a ton of space for free and if Lamar breaks that one tackle he also gets the first down (probably).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think it was a bad read by Lamar, if it was a read at all. Great play by Hubbard, but Justice Hill had a ton of space for free and if Lamar breaks that one tackle he also gets the first down (probably).

I don’t think it was a read. Look at Bozeman on the pull, he’s got a chance to kick out that DE, but goes inside. If it were a read, he likely hits the 1st blocker to cross his face, instead he was looking to get to his spot.

The counter bash play (it looked like it), isn’t a read play, but a designed run. Just a good play by Hubbard for sure.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I didn't get a look at the blocking on the outside, but I saw the O-line blocking up the middle so maybe the play design was just for Lamar to fake the handoff and keep. 

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t think it was a read. Look at Bozeman on the pull, he’s got a chance to kick out that DE, but goes inside. If it were a read, he likely hits the 1st blocker to cross his face, instead he was looking to get to his spot.

The counter bash play (it looked like it), isn’t a read play, but a designed run. Just a good play by Hubbard for sure.

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

I didn't get a look at the blocking on the outside, but I saw the O-line blocking up the middle so maybe the play design was just for Lamar to fake the handoff and keep. 

Yeah I agree with you both that it wasn't a true read, which is unfortunate because of how much space Justice Hill had for free. I think Hubbard just guessed correctly.