Deshaun Watson left a bigger impact

mld

at Clemson than Trevor Lawrence did.  Agree or disagree?

More memorable performances, 2015 NC against Alabama even though they lost he almost pulled off the comback, and we all know what happened in the 2016 National Championship. 

I also felt like when I watched him he had something special and always knew in the back of my mind that he was going to pull off the win no matter what, all the blowouts, all the close games he was going to will them to victory.  I don't get that same feeling with Trevor.  Those Clemson teams put more fear into the opponent than Trevor's teams Imo.

Not saying Lawrence is a bad player, he is great but Watson gave me goosebumps watching him.

10 minutes ago, One said:

To be perfectly honest, there's nothing special about him at all. Lawrence wouldn't be the unanimous favorite to go first overall if Fields or Lance were white.

I feel like they're more likely to enter the conversation once they win their first championship.

1 hour ago, One said:

To be perfectly honest, there's nothing special about him at all. Lawrence wouldn't be the unanimous favorite to go first overall if Fields or Lance were white.

Have you actually watched Lance play or just his highlights? The last 5 games he put on tape were horrible. 

Watson wasn’t just a better player, he was considerably better. 

lawrence was always less than the sum of his parts. He has all the talent in the world but like 2 memorable games in his 3 year career. I felt you could have plugged and player 5 different QBs there and gotten the same or better production.

Watson and Vince Young are the two college QBs that stand out the most to me 

2 hours ago, One said:

Lawrence was getting #1 overall hype like 3 seasons ago....

Any number of QBs could have moved into that spot during that time. Nobody did, and that's all there is to it. 

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

Watson wasn’t just a better player, he was considerably better. 

lawrence was always less than the sum of his parts. He has all the talent in the world but like 2 memorable games in his 3 year career. I felt you could have plugged and player 5 different QBs there and gotten the same or better production.

Watson and Vince Young are the two college QBs that stand out the most to me 

Lawrence finished his career 34-2 with his only two losses coming against LSU (with Burrow/arguably the best CFB team ever) and Ohio State (with Fields another elite QB prospect).