Chiefs vs Steelers GDT

Chiefer

A bunch of people didn't practice today.

good news is Dee Ford is back, and Houston has a calf strain. Wilson got a knee strain so that definitely sucks though.

It's only week 6, but this could be a key win for playoff seeding. Hopefully our guys can get healthy.

I'm very confident Houston plays next week. Nothing in how he came off the field or acted on the sideline made it seem like something that mattered.

I'd really hoped that Morse would be practicing by now. Erving wasn't terrible, but we also got lucky that Houston had some great front 7 guys go down. Pittsburgh has some quality players on the DL that could be a struggle. And getting Morse back could push Fulton to RG instead, giving us a much better interior. But....we keep waiting, I guess.

And Kelce is the really tricky one. Concussions are hard to gauge. Feels like it's practically luck how quickly they get through the protocol.

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm very confident Houston plays next week. Nothing in how he came off the field or acted on the sideline made it seem like something that mattered.

I'd really hoped that Morse would be practicing by now. Erving wasn't terrible, but we also got lucky that Houston had some great front 7 guys go down. Pittsburgh has some quality players on the DL that could be a struggle. And getting Morse back could push Fulton to RG instead, giving us a much better interior. But....we keep waiting, I guess.

And Kelce is the really tricky one. Concussions are hard to gauge. Feels like it's practically luck how quickly they get through the protocol.

I don't know if Fulton at guard gives us that much of a better interior honestly. Fulton has been pretty awful at guard in the past, I don't think he's got the athletic ability for it in Reids scheme. Why Witz was the starter over him. 

Center he can kinda get away with it.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

I don't know if Fulton at guard gives us that much of a better interior honestly. Fulton has been pretty awful at guard in the past, I don't think he's got the athletic ability for it in Reids scheme. Why Witz was the starter over him. 

Center he can kinda get away with it.

Compared to Erving, though? I would absolutely take Fulton.

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I am not as sure that Fulton is better than Erving. More polished, without doubt. He used to be much better than LDT, but not lately. Erving has many more tools in his kit. He may thrive in space, which is what we need him to do.

J

At this point in their careers, I'll take Fulton's power and understanding of his responsibilities over Erving's ability in space. Erving was good when pulling as a run blocker, which is what Fulton's skill set isn't as great at, but when Erving fails, he really fails. I'd rather not have Erving on the field at all this year, honestly. Give him a year practicing with not the Browns and give him a go in camp next year. I'd rather see Fulton or Ehinger or maybe even Devey at G.

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

At this point in their careers, I'll take Fulton's power and understanding of his responsibilities over Erving's ability in space. Erving was good when pulling as a run blocker, which is what Fulton's skill set isn't as great at, but when Erving fails, he really fails. I'd rather not have Erving on the field at all this year, honestly. Give him a year practicing with not the Browns and give him a go in camp next year. I'd rather see Fulton or Ehinger or maybe even Devey at G.

Crap! Those were some of the advertised "whiffs" coming from Cleveland. I agree with Jak, dude needs to marinate for a while and hit the weights hard. Overall I thought he did OK last week but I think Fulton can have, at least, that game. Minus some of those whiffs

2 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

This game worries me. It'll go one of two ways, KC and Reid will find away to put this team out or Pitt with their backs seemingly against the wall with come in and play their best ball of the season 

Agreed here. Steelers spanked us last year after they got embarrassed by Philly , I believe. Big Ben had a terrible game last week from all accounts so hopefully we don't get that wrath like last year. I will say though, Ben just doesn't look like old Ben. I'm thinking his head/heart isn't in it and he was serious about retiring in the offseason

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Morse, Kelce, and Wilson back at practice. All limited participants, but still a good sign. Especially for Kelce. Being limited at this point gives at least a good chance that he's cleared by Sunday.

Wasn't expecting Morse for another week or so. Getting Kelce back will be huge for our chances.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Morse, Kelce, and Wilson back at practice. All limited participants, but still a good sign. Especially for Kelce. Being limited at this point gives at least a good chance that he's cleared by Sunday.

Yeah being limited is just part of being in concussion protocol.

Also I saw the Erving review on AP...not great so we'll see what happens if Morse plays on Sunday

4 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Crap! Those were some of the advertised "whiffs" coming from Cleveland. I agree with Jak, dude needs to marinate for a while and hit the weights hard. Overall I thought he did OK last week but I think Fulton can have, at least, that game. Minus some of those whiffs

Read Seth's whole piece before you judge ... quite some positives in there.

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah being limited is just part of being in concussion protocol.

Also I saw the Erving review on AP...not great so we'll see what happens if Morse plays on Sunday

Official injury report says Kelce was full participant.

Archived