Chiefs vs Steelers GDT

Chiefer

2 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Read Seth's whole piece before you judge ... quite some positives in there.

That's why I said overall he had an ok game but those whiffs are pretty ugly and on par with some of the lowlights we saw of him from Cleveland. I think the guy can be solid (eventually) but he has some of the most average looking arms for a Pro big man i think I've ever seen. I'd really like to see him hit the weights hard and see if he could recapture that reputation he had coming into the league.

Edit: I just checked to see how many reps he did at the combine and he knocked out 30 of 225 ? so the strength was there. Just appears like he doesn't have as much when he plays, to me. Maybe he slacked since getting into the league? I dunno...

44 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

That's why I said overall he had an ok game but those whiffs are pretty ugly and on par with some of the lowlights we saw of him from Cleveland. I think the guy can be solid (eventually) but he has some of the most average looking arms for a Pro big man i think I've ever seen. I'd really like to see him hit the weights hard and see if he could recapture that reputation he had coming into the league.

Edit: I just checked to see how many reps he did at the combine and he knocked out 30 of 225 ? so the strength was there. Just appears like he doesn't have as much when he plays, to me. Maybe he slacked since getting into the league? I dunno...

I’m not sure that it’s a strength issue.  

Hes feet get tangled up quite a bit and he struggles with balance because of it.

He’s not the strongest obviously, but I see more of an issue with his feet.  If he gets his feet in the correct positioning he has enough strength to win.

Glad to hear Kelce is back. I admit to being a bit worried there. Morse would be great to have back too.

I'd like to see C.West continue as the 3rd. down RB. It gives Hunt a "blow", and lets West feel he's contributing (which he did Sunday nite). It also allows for minimizing Hunt getting burned out over the season.

I thought Wilson had issue with a groin? I didn't think it was a knee? If he's good to go, that's a plus. He's capable of filling in for Conley.

I’ll never take Pitt lightly, no matter how they look.

Ive said the previous 3 years Pitt scared me more than NE.  NE’s style of offense is exactly what we are built to defend.

Pitt on the other hand pushes the ball on the boundaries and can pound the rock. Those are and have been the keys to scoring on our defense under Sutton.

Im expecting a hard fought game that comes down to the end.  And please,  no more injuries!!!

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

I’m not sure that it’s a strength issue.  

Hes feet get tangled up quite a bit and he struggles with balance because of it.

He’s not the strongest obviously, but I see more of an issue with his feet.  If he gets his feet in the correct positioning he has enough strength to win.

I can definitely agree with that. Maybe it looked like a strength issue to me cuz he over extends often and loses all leverage and just kinda flails like he has nothing left to push with. I'd definitely concede the strength part I brought up, especially since I looked up his reps at the combine (30-225) kinda torpedoes that idea haha

30 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I’ll never take Pitt lightly, no matter how they look.

Ive said the previous 3 years Pitt scared me more than NE.  NE’s style of offense is exactly what we are built to defend.

Pitt on the other hand pushes the ball on the boundaries and can pound the rock. Those are and have been the keys to scoring on our defense under Sutton.

Im expecting a hard fought game that comes down to the end.  And please,  no more injuries!!!

My nephew is a die hard Pat's fan and last year playoff time I told him the same thing. I really think if we got by Pitt last year, NE was definitely beatable for how we're built.

7 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Read Seth's whole piece before you judge ... quite some positives in there.

There were positives, for sure. I didn't mean to paint it as though there were only negatives, though it probably came across that way. He did more good than bad, hence most of us thinking he had a fine game early on.

But OL really isn't a position where you want some great plays and some horrible ones. You can deal with that from a pass rusher or a RB or something, where them messing up isn't that big of a deal, and them doing awesome is. But for a G, I would rather have a G that plays 70 mediocre snaps, than a G that plays 55 mediocre snaps, 10 amazing ones, and 5 horrible ones. You notice the horrible plays more than the great ones for an offensive linemen. A horrible play can ruin a drive. A great one...probably doesn't actually do that much more than just a decent one. I like Erving's potential, I really do, but he had 4 or 5 plays that still just looked embarrassing. Plays where he lunged or never set his feet or missed a stunt and got embarrassed because of that. And if Hunt and Smith weren't so good, some of those could've been drive killers.

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Well now tyreek is on there

Houston not practicing again gets a little more concerning. Hoping it's precautionary, but tomorrow should be telling. Same with Morse and Wilson. If they can jump up to full participants, I'd be pretty comfortable with our injury situation this week, actually. No Conley is fine if we have Wilson and Hill. No Terrell isn't big. No LDT is fine if we get Morse back.

If things don't go that smoothly it could definitely be a problem though. And I'll echo what other's say. Pittsburgh scares me. Just feels like we never bring our A game against them. Always an off week.

8 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

Was hoping LDT and Morse would be back

I was really hopeful for Morse, when he was a participant on Thursday. With the short week next week, I doubt we get him against Oakland either. And we certainly won't get LDT. So probably looking at two more games with this OL. Oakland doesn't have anyone to really take advantage of it (their strength is outside), but Tuitt and Heyward for Pittsburgh are handfuls inside.

Archived