Schwartz Quits

ninjapirate

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Let’s talk next up. Who’s available? I would love to get back to an attacking style defense. 

Todd Wash from the Jags, helped create a fantastic defense that Management and Marrone destroyed with their ego and ineptitude.

John Butler, Bills DB coach and Philly native.

Anthony Weaver from the Texans, will be available.

Former Eagles Runner-Up HC Gus Bradley if the Chargers are cleaning house.

If the love in building for Cory Undlin was high, maybe they look to bring him back? Not that his lone year as DC inspired much.

Dan Quinn - Raheem Morris (unless he gets the Atlanta HC job)

Chuck Pagano if the Bears staff does get cleared out, which if Doug is forced to fire a lot of the offensive staff Nagy could maybe be an option.

Lots of hell no options like Patricia and Gregg Williams

17 minutes ago, oland11 said:

For the love of god let’s not switch to a 3-4. I think the only personal we’d have could be singleton and edwards as ILBs. obviously they aren’t good but I’m going off the current roster. All of our DL pieces are better suited at their positions in a 4-3 than comparable 3-4 positions. 

I'd rather not too, but what pieces do we even have really?

Like BG will be gone, Barnett doesn't really seem worth resigning. Fletch can play 3-4 end like he already has done, Hargrave as an attacking 1 gap nose. It's funny because those two and Malik would've been a real nice 3 man front.

We don't really have LBs worth scheming for.

Like the biggest sacrifice would be Josh Sweat.

I'd be down for like a 3-4 under look...anything that lets us have extra rushers.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I'd rather not too, but what pieces do we even have really?

Like BG will be gone, Barnett doesn't really seem worth resigning. Fletch can play 3-4 end like he already has done, Hargrave as an attacking 1 gap nose. It's funny because those two and Malik would've been a real nice 3 man front.

We don't really have LBs worth scheming for.

Like the biggest sacrifice would be Josh Sweat.

I'd be down for like a 3-4 under look...anything that lets us have extra rushers.

I don't think we would switch to an odd front. 

Appreciate JIm stabilizing the Defense, it was so bad ever since Jim Johnson died and Dawk left.
Yeah he frustrated the hell out of me, but we had a lot of genuinely good games and stretches out of the defense under JIm.

I honestly have to think part of this is to do with Howie's resistance to stocking the defense ever year.
Like our secondary has been mostly guys off the street for years.

None of this to say I'm unhappy he's leaving, but it wasn't the biggest issue with this team by far.
We don't get to the super bowl without the defense stepping up against the Falcons and Vikings.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I don't think we would switch to an odd front. 

Neither do I, was just pointing out that there isn't much deterring us from it.

3-4 under is essentially a 4-3 in practice, just gives you a little more flexibility.

I definitely prefer an attacking 4-3 though

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

All I care about is keeping the 4-3 scheme. Schwartz was more good than bad here for sure. He was a nice DC. Maybe we'll be able to play more complementary football now.

we did play complimentary football the offense and defense were both bad this year. 

His run defense was usually pretty stout. That was nice to watch during his tenure. I’ll give him that. But all the toasted secondary and lack of help for guys just getting abused was too much. I hate sitting at home and watching the game and wondering why it’s so obvious to everyone but the guy making the decisions. 

With that said, Doug is going to need a strong DC, like Jim. I think it was pretty clear Jim handled the defense like it was a separate team. And I think Doug preferred a very hands off approach. Maybe he’s changed his tune but if things remain the same, we’re going to need a HC type DC to run that side of the ball.