Doug to return for year 6

ninjapirate

Howie's going no where. He's like a 2nd son to Lurie and after the Chip Kelly power struggle debacle,  he's not doing it again in favor of the HC. You all are dreaming. 

Once again you are still talking about 2 people 3 years removed from the Franchises only SB ring. That doesn't give them a life long contract or 10 year type leash but it sure as hell doesn't get either fired after 1 losing season riddled with injury and BS covid.

Now do I believe after the 2021 season is over, if similar results occur will one or both be fired, absolutely. 

20 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Also brining Doug back and keeping Carson doesn't make any sense they obviously never seem to be on the same page. 

Best news that of the day! Carson is an ELITE  qb that had a bad year. Give him Jamar Chase, Reagor, Fulgham, MIles, and Goedert and man what an offense... 

It's PFT so take it for what it's worth 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/03/eagles-will-press-pause-before-coming-up-with-a-carson-wentz-plan/

Given that Carson is at his lowest trade value and his cap hit is at his highest, it probably makes the most sense to try it all for another year.

My guess is that Doug, Carson and Howie are all back and it if sucks again they are all gone.......for better or worse.....

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It's PFT so take it for what it's worth 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/03/eagles-will-press-pause-before-coming-up-with-a-carson-wentz-plan/

Given that Carson is at his lowest trade value and his cap hit is at his highest, it probably makes the most sense to try it all for another year.

My guess is that Doug, Carson and Howie are all back and it if sucks again they are all gone.......for better or worse.....

If things are as toxic between Doug (& Staff) and Howie as it seems...as well as between Carson and Doug I don’t know how Lurie simply runs it back. All 3 being here again is beyond dumb.

Right now they all have one great-ish season. Howie has the longest track record in general but also being bad at his job. Carson was awful this year to the point that I’d have zero confidence in him getting better. Doug just seemed lost in all of this and if that’s the case just let him go too...it was his job to reign this in and control it and he failed.

Just move on there is nothing worth saving here besides maybe Stoutland.

Very very sad with this but Dougie P is a dang legend for out-scheming Billy Bellicheck with a backup LT & QB.... Understand he deserves another shot at it. Hoping for legit change in play calling & scheme. If Hurts is the guy, it will be interesting to see who they bring in for OC. Also, can do a lot more offensively when Brooks & Johnson return to the OLINE. Herbig just cannot move and limits your run blocking scheme so much.

Edited by Wentz you dog you

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

If things are as toxic between Doug (& Staff) and Howie as it seems...as well as between Carson and Doug I don’t know how Lurie simply runs it back. All 3 being here again is beyond dumb.

Right now they all have one great-ish season. Howie has the longest track record in general but also being bad at his job. Carson was awful this year to the point that I’d have zero confidence in him getting better. Doug just seemed lost in all of this and if that’s the case just let him go too...it was his job to reign this in and control it and he failed.

Just move on there is nothing worth saving here besides maybe Stoutland.

So what have we noticed. Doug has issues with Carson, has issues with Howie, and has refused to let someone else call plays.

The common issue here is Doug.

31 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The seeds of firing are set....let’s Hope Jeff is pissed about this moves on (even if it is moronic)

Why would Doug do this if not told from the FO? HCs who aren't de-facto GMs are not going to care a lick at picking 9 vs 6. Was he trying to stick it Lurie by putting on this embarrassing display? Really doubt it's reached that point of toxicity, but that's the only explanation if we want to think Doug went rogue here, believe the reports about him wanting to be fired.

Furthermore, if Howie gave the orders, and then wields the flames of outrage to oust Doug, he is truly a scumbag that no coach w/ options would choose to work with.

What a mess. I would 100% take the 9 over the 6 if it meant avoiding this pointless drama, which you're wrong if you don't think is impacting this franchise that is in a fragile state. Of course if it leads to the #6 and a clean house? Greatest thing that happened to us all year lol.

Don't get it twisted, I'm out on Doug and want him gone, but it is so clear to me that Howie is even more a problem. Really they have made it so easy for Lurie to just say screw it and clean house, and everyone would understand. Do it Lurie!

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss