Chase Roullier resigns for 4 years

ovfd55

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

Whoa, nelly. That’s pretty big money for him. Slides him in at #10 on the contracts list for centers, from what I can tell. 

The metrics have been very positive about Chase, especially this season. If he continues to play that well, he’ll earn that money. He’s always been impressive in terms of his mobility for a center, and his pass blocking metrics are always excellent.

Edited by e16bball

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Whoa, nelly. That’s pretty big money for him. Slides him in at #10 on the contracts list for centers, from what I can tell. 

The metrics have been very positive about Chase, especially this season. If he continues to play that well, he’ll earn that money. He’s always been impressive in terms of his mobility for a center, and his pass blocking metrics are always excellent.

Makes me think Ishmeal hasn't impressed,Interested in what Scherff # will be.

Interested to see the breakdown of the contract. If it slots in as the 10th highest then I reckon it’s worth it bc roullier is a pretty good center and I would project where he is compared to other centers is around that spot but....

for some reason I don’t like giving a lot of money to centers. People talking about how Scherrf and top guards shouldn’t get 14-15 mill but we go out and pay 10 mill per to a center who is above average but will never be a pro bowler or all pro.

like I said. Gotta see the break down

41 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Interested to see the breakdown of the contract. If it slots in as the 10th highest then I reckon it’s worth it bc roullier is a pretty good center and I would project where he is compared to other centers is around that spot but....

for some reason I don’t like giving a lot of money to centers. People talking about how Scherrf and top guards shouldn’t get 14-15 mill but we go out and pay 10 mill per to a center who is above average but will never be a pro bowler or all pro.

Centers are the captain of the o-line.

One could argue, a good Center are worth more than Tackles.

They communicate up front to the guys, they snap the ball.They actually handle the ball MORE than the QB. Specially, if they're also the long snapper.

A good Center is worth the coin.

A bad Center gets pushed back into the QB & also can get him hurt.

Do I think Chase is a good Center?

Honestly, I think he's probably middle of the pack. Maybe, barely cracks the top 10.

Could we do better?  Possibly

But I know we could do worse.

It's a good resigning. Keep the core unit together.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Centers are the captain of the o-line.

One could argue, a good Center are worth more than Tackles.

They communicate up front to the guys, they snap the ball.They actually handle the ball MORE than the QB. Specially, if they're also the long snapper.

A good Center is worth the coin.

A bad Center gets pushed back into the QB & also can get him hurt.

Do I think Chase is a good Center?

Honestly, I think he's probably middle of the pack. Maybe, barely cracks the top 10.

Could we do better?  Possibly

But I know we could do worse.

It's a good resigning. Keep the core unit together.

matthew bingo GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

I bet his cap hit next year is about $5 million and then it doubles next year and for the final 2 years of the deal.

For example Kendall Fuller signed a 4 year $40 million contract last year and his cap hit this year was $4.125 million but it triples next year to $13.125 million.

Edited by turtle28